Burning Sensation

Maka and Colthan back far away from Nelena, who is just standing there sucking on her lollipop.

"Okay Maka... we need to watch out for her acid reflexes.  We need to also attempt to avoid close combat with her... if she gets close to us I think we're done for" Colthan whispers.

"Look at you... sounding like you're so scared of an 8 year old" Maka replies.

"Look at you... sounding like you can take on this 8 year old" Colthan says.

Maka sighs and says "Yeah I know... we gotta put up a team effort here.  You got a plan?"

"Yeah... if she goes to use her acid reflexes, I'll use my long range fox fire to counter.  If she manages to get close to one of us, it's the other's job to push her away."

"And what if she decides to use her acid pool?"

"Then we're doomed..."

"I see..."

"Are you guys done over there?  I'm ready whenever you are!" Nelena yells.

"Let's do this!" Maka yells.  He summons three Morgan Faeries to spiral around him and points his palm at Nelena.

"Playing it safe I see?" She says with a smile.

Maka sends a psychic push in her direction, and she stomps on the ground.  A large splash of acid appears in front of her, cancelling out the psychic.  Colthan appears at a good distance away from her, yet behind her.  He swings his arm in her direction which launches a long range Fox Fire in her direction.

Nelena turns around and her body gets surrounded with a layer of acid.

"Crap... she used acid reflex!" Colthan yells.  He quickly cancels his fox fire just in time before it hits Nelena.

"Wise decision..." Nelena says with a smile.

A Morgan Faerie is lunged at the back of Nelena's head, but she grabs a lollipop from her pocket and literally smashes the Morgan Faerie with the lollipop.

She tosses the lollipop at Maka who gets a shocked look on his face.  He reaches his arm out to grab it, but Colthan yells out "Maka, don't!  She surrounded it with acid!" 

Maka quickly jumps out of the way and Nelena appears where the lollipop was.  She grabs the lollipop while it is still airborne and throws another one at Maka.  Maka has no choice but to block with a Morgan Faerie, which gives Nelena the opportunity to appear in his face.

"Crap... we forgot about acid reanimation!" Colthan thinks as he charges towards Nelena's back.

Nelena surrounds her hand with acid and lunges it towards the defenseless Maka.

"Fox Fire!" Colthan yells out as he gets a huge boost in speed and lunges his fox fire surrounded hand at Nelena.

Nelena quickly turns towards Colthan and throws a lollipop at him.  Colthan's face gets surprised and he cancels his fox fire, then surrounds his body with fire.  The lollipop phases straight through him, and he lands near Maka and Nelena.  He grabs Maka and disappears in a flash of fire.  Nelena makes the lollipop come back to her, and sticks it in her pocket.

"Scared to let me get close?" Nelena says with a smile.

Suddenly Colthan appears behind her, and charges right at her.  She quickly turns around and punches him in the face, only to find out it was a counter.

The real Colthan appears behind her and attempts to use Fox Fire.  He hits her in the back, but it's not what he wanted.

"Acid reflexes!" Nelena says.