Enter Team Nelena

"It's hard to believe that it's been only a month since we joined the academy, huh Colthan?" a bald young man, wearing somewhat baggy leather pants and a leather shirt, with a one strap backpack wrapped around his right shoulder says.

Colthan ties up the backpack he was searching through and drops it on the ground, causing dust to sprout.  Colthan looks around the field as if he were trying to find someone.  "Where is the captain?  You think she'd be here by now..." Colthan says, in an impatient tone.

"I don't know... this is the first time she's ever been late.  Maybe she decided to pick up a holo-book on the way here?  You know how much she enjoys those..." 

That's when a young girl, probably around the age of 8 years old, walks through the entrance.  She is reading a holo-book and has a lollipop in her mouth.  She has short blond hair that goes to the bottom of her neck, and light green eyes.  She is wearing red light looking armor with multiple designs implanted, white gloves, and she has on a red Captain's cloak with white boots.

"Ah Captain!  It's unusual for you to show up late... anything happen?" Colthan asks. 

"Oh... I just so happened to get lost in the bookstore.  I was browsing for my favorite book, and next thing I know I couldn't find my way out..." the Captain replies.

The bald boy laughs and yells out "Even though you are a Captain, you're still a kid.  I think you shouldn't go on such adventures by yourself, Captain."

"Shut up, Maka!  I do whatever I want, I'm a big girl!  I'm turning 9 soon, making me much more mature!"

"Mature?  Where, exactly?  From the looks of it, you won't be growing any time soon..."

The Captain's face gets red and she stomps on the ground in the temper tantrum.

Colthan walks up to the Captain and pats her on the head.  "Don't worry, Captain Nelena.  I'm sure you'll grow to be a great woman some day.  I wouldn't let someone like Maka get to you, seeing as he has problems growing hair."

Nelena's face starts to get pouty, but she calms down a bit.  "Yeah, I guess you're right.  I mean, what kind of a man has a problem growing hair anyway?  Like, almost all guys can grow hair.  I bet you guys could just think about growing hair and it'll grow.  But Maka..."

"Alright I get it, puberty hit me in the wrong places!" Maka interrupts.

Nelena chuckles a bit, before she says "Okay okay, enough, we need to get to why this emergency meeting has been called.  We aren't the only team that is required to hold this meeting, either."

"Oh, that seems like a problem.  So why are these meetings being held, Captain?" Colthan asks.

"Well... it has just been declared... since around yesterday at 2300 hours... war."

"Whoa, war?  What are we getting ourselves into this time?" 

"It seems like the Assassins have assassinated the Lieutenant General.  This caused a huge uproar, seeing as how it was during one of his meetings.  The General wasn't too happy... and declared war."

"This whole thing sounds like a pain... can we just skip out on this whole 'war' thing?" Maka questions with his hands behind his head.

"That's called desertion, Maka.  We didn't just become Elemental Users to go on pesky little missions.  We are in the military, so it's obvious they would send us out to war when needed" Colthan replies in an annoyed tone.

"Exactly... you're a sergeant Maka, now act like one!" Nelena says while pointing her finger sternly at Maka.  Maka gets a disgusted look on his face.