forty eight

"Stay with me, alright?"

"Yep."

Phoenix let Beau's hand go, but stayed close to him. There were only a few cameras, but they were outside, and once they got enough pictures of the two, they left them alone.

When they got inside, Phoenix rolled his eyes. "I knew this would look boring. But hey, there's Uncle Liam and Aunt Maddie. And Alice and her parents, too."

Beau giggled. "Aunt Maddie and Uncle Niall look bored."

Phoenix shrugged. "They'll be alright."

Beau caught his parents' gaze and quickly looked away.

"What was that?"

"What was what?"

"That thing between you and your parents. What's wrong?"

Beau sighed. "We just had a disagreement before they left. It's fine."

Phoenix frowned. "You never fight with your parents."

Beau shrugged. "I guess this time was different."

Alice came over and hugged both of them. "Hey, guys! Glad you could make it. I was told Beau wasn't coming and was a bit disappointed. C'mon, lets go find a seat somewhere."

They followed her, and Phoenix sneakily grabbed a glass of wine as he passed by one of the tables.

When they sat down, Beau tried to grab it from his hand, but Phoenix was too quick for him.

"Phoenix, you aren't supposed to be drinking!"

"Beau, please, its just one glass. It won't harm anyone. I won't be able to feel anything but a buzz."

Beau rolled his eyes. "If you say so."

Phoenix grabbed Beau's waist and kissed him on the cheek. "I'm not gonna get drunk, babe. I promise."

Beau nodded.

"So, how has everything been going with you guys?"

"We've both been getting better. I'm trying not to smoke cigarettes and I've been getting better at not drinking so much. I want to stop completely, but it's gonna take a while before I can do that."

Beau smiled. "And I guess I feel a bit happier more often. What's been going on with you, Alice?"

"Nothing much. My life is pretty okay. It's just my dad...He's very overprotective. He doesn't want me to have a boyfriend, and we fight about it at times. I've talked to my mom and she's tried to get him to back off a little, but it's not doing much."

Phoenix shrugged. "Maybe he doesn't want you to get hurt."

She rolled her eyes. "Whatever it is, it needs to stop. It's irritating, and I'm fed up with it." She sighed as Niall waved her over. "There he goes again. I'll be back. Probably."

She walked off and Phoenix ran his hand down Beau's waist and rested it on his upper thigh.

"Phoenix, now isn't the time..."

"I'm not gonna do anything. I just thought that since we are completely alone, we could talk about more intimate things."

"Like what?"

"Like how much I want to fuck you when we get home."

"Phoenix..." Beau blushed.

"I'm serious. I need you, babe." Phoenix subtly kissed Beau's neck and Beau pushed him away slightly. "W-what's wrong?"

Beau turned to face him completely, placing a hand on his arm. "You're gonna have to try way harder than that to have me, Phoenix. I'm not that easy."

"B-but-"

"I'm gonna get some food. I'll be right back."

Phoenix sat there dumbfounded. Usually it wouldn't take much convincing for him to get something out of Beau, and Beau had never really told him no before.

He bit his lip and stared at Beau's ass from afar.

"Damn it."