twenty

Beau's POV

I could sit and listen to Phoenix's voice all day. Sometimes, we would just listen to each other's breathing until we fell asleep.

We've been on the phone for a while, just saying what pops into our heads, or nothing at all. It was never awkward, just us.

"B?"

"Yeah?"

"You need to start taking your meds again, okay?"

"Okay."

"Promise, baby?"

I froze. Not because of the promise, it was because of the baby. The way he said it, the way it made me feel.

I want to be his baby. I want him to take care of me, but more than that. I want to be a baby around him, cuddle him and suck my thumb. And be his good boy, his good baby boy. But I can't tell him that, it's too weird, he'll never want to do it.

"Beau?"

"S-sorry. Yeah, I promise."

"Good boy."

There he goes again.

"Hey Phee, I wanna be a science teacher when I grow up."

"I know, you've told me before." He laughs through the phone. "I still don't know what I want to be. Sports is just a hobby, not a career I want."

"Well Phee, your genes are blessed with the arts from both of your parents. Like I'm jealous of the talent in your blood stream."

"Ha, yeah. I like music and art. Like putting the two together."

"Really? Never thought I would hear that come out of your mouth. But, are you saying something like a music video?" I asked.

"Kind of, but more than that. Like taking other people's music and putting it to some trippy ass slow most ion shots of people, animals, or even rain. What ever I want."

"I love you Phoenix William Malik."

"I love you too Beau Alex Styles."

"I'm still hot and bothered from earlier," I whined.

"Well too bad cuz I already took care of myself."

"What? Nooooooo! When?" I asked.

"Like five minutes before you called me." He said laughing.

"Fine, I'm tired anyways. Can I sleep?"

"What ever you want, baby."

Baby.