Chapter 4: I Won't Fail

We're going back to Toffee, our fave villain. Well, not really, though.

Toffee glared in shock at the seer's crystal ball.

"No, NO! I refuse to accept this. This is im-impossible!" Toffee stuttered with shock and body trembling with anger,"They-they can't have met! They-they..."

The seer just stood calmly. "You know in your heart that they have, demon. Face the horrible truth. Accept your failure. Even humans experience this, Toffee. You sound like just how every clichè villain would sound."

"NO! I will NOT fail!" Toffee growled, "I'll just... I'll just use the boy. Th-that boy Marco has impressive agility. Yes, I have solved my problem! No one has survived Maria and lived to tell the tale. Yes, the-the boy will—"

"The boy will not compensate!" The seer snarled, "They have already met. Your downfall has begun. The boy is of a knowing age, and he's too attached to Earth to even care. Not like Maria, whom you've kidnapped as a baby."

"I won't fail," Toffee grumbled, "I WON'T."

"Keep trying to convince yourself," the seer shrugged.

Toffee grasped the seer's neck,"Do what you can to help capture Maria. Alter the future! ANYTHING!"

"I do not take sides," the seer choked, clutching at her throat.

"Master!" Ludo interrupted, scuttling into the room.

"What is it?? Can't you see I'm busy?" Toffee hissed annoyingly.

"We pinned down their location in a cave in Mewni."

"Good." Toffee mumbled. But Ludo's silence was proof that there was something more. "What's the catch?"

"We lost them as soon as they set off to planet Earth."

"Fine," Toffee muttered, straightening his tie, "It's time I put matters into my own hands."