Chapter 25

TOM

"Good job, Tom. You have done me proud," Toffee said,"I knew you wouldn't fail me."
"You knew I wouldn't fail you?" Tom snarled,"Or you HOPED I wouldn't?"

Toffee waved the comment away."By the way, I like what you said back there."
Toffee played a video on the big screen showing Tom say,"Oh, Star, I'm over that. Now I'm trying something even MORE fun."

"Tom," Comet growled,"How's Tori? She dead?"
"NO. Why would she be?" Tom huffed.
"I don't know, maybe you're just too DUMB to know!"
Tom roared at Comet. Comet sneered at Tom.
"Careful, now, Comet," Toffee warned, "You wouldn't want to hurt Maria's stepbrother."

"Step-stepbrother?" Comet looked at Tom, confused.
Tom just smiled smugly and raised an eyebrow arrogantly at him.
"Can't hurt me now, can you?" He mocked.

"Tom," Star said, tears filling up her eyes, "Why?"
"Spare me from your drama, Star," Tom mumbled,"I've moved on."
"How did you know she was pretending?" Toffee asked, impressed.

"Tori taught me how," Tom bragged.
"Oh. TORI. AGAIN," Comet rolled his eyes.
"Why? What's this thing with Tori anyway??" Syar interrupted.
"Long story," Comet replied.
"Stop all this NONSENSE!" Toffee snapped, "5 days, Mewmen. 5 days. Tell me where Maria is, or else."

"Never!" Star screamed,"Marco is on his way, right now, to save both of us!"
"Are you so sure?" Toffee smiled slyly.
He gestured to the big screen again, and it showed Star blasting Marco. Then, it shifted to a real-time video, showing Cady and Marco, hiding in a cave,"Your friends have their own problems."

Comet's eyes widened with terror."Are they in--in--in--"
"NO!" Star screamed,"Xandaria."
Star clamped her hand over her mouth, realizing she had just revealed Marco's location to Toffee.

"Very good, Star Butterfly," Toffee remarked."I will gather my forces. LUDO! Get the seer to guard these Mewmen. We will head to Xandaria at once."
Star lay on the glass cage crying,"Oh, Marco, what have I done?"