There was a knock at the door and then two of the other band members walked in. Hyungwon stood but kept his head down to hide his tears.

Minhyuk was the first to speak, stepping forward and placing a hand on Hyungwon's shoulder. "What's wrong?"

Hyungwon shakes his head. He can't help but feel a little bitter towards Minhyuk even though it wasn't his fault.

Wonho is the next one to step up, throwing an arm around Hyungwon's shoulder and wiping the tears away from his eyes. "What happened?" Hyungwon tries to hold the tears at bay. Wonho grabs Hyungwon's chin and forces him to look up. "You have to tell me so that I can help."

Hyungwon's bottom lip quivers and he places his head against Wonho's chest, the tears rolling again. Wonho's arms wrap him in a hug while Minhyuk comes around the side and rubs Hyungwon's back.

Suddenly the door bursts open, making Hyungwon jump away from Wonho. Jooheon marches over, pain etched into his features. He still holds the CD from before in his hand. "You're just going to let him? You're going to let him throw you out? You're just going to except it?"

Wonho looks between Jooheon and Hyungwon. "What's he talking about? What's going on?"

Jooheon ignores Wonho and continues. "You can't leave this band, Hyungwon. I don't care what reasoning the manager has, you have every right to be in this band." Jooheon breaks down, his head falling into his hands. "We're a team. We need you."

Jooheon is one of the most caring in the band. He formed close friendships with all the members and looks out for them, making sure they're good and ready for whatever is coming up. He's already seen enough of his friends get sent away from this band during No Mercy. He refuses to let another leave.

The silence is interrupted by Wonho's broken voice. "You're being kicked out of the band?"

Minhyuk's hand drops from Hyungwon's back. "Not if I can help it." He then storms out of the room with Jooheon hot on his trail, leaving Wonho and Hyungwon alone.

"Why?"

Hyungwon looks up and rubs his eyes before responding. "He said we don't need five vocalists and out of us five, I'm the least needed. He wants me to debut with some other band next year."

Wonho pulls Hyungwon into another comforting hug. "You aren't the least needed, Hyungwon. Each and every one of us are needed no matter what our manager says."

"I'm glad you think that but that's not what he thinks. What's going to stop him from kicking me out once my contract runs out?"

"Me." Wonho blatantly states. "Me and the other guys. Our contracts run out at the same time as yours. If you're getting kicked out, I'm not renewing my contract and I have no doubt the other guys will do the same."

"Hyung-"

"I'm not letting this band get broken up."

Hyungwon pulls out of the hug. "But hyung you won't get another chance to debut. You can't leave this band because of me. You don't know if all that will change the managers mind. We aren't as valuable to him if he has another boy group debuting next year. And what about our fans? What if-"

"Think about it." Wonho cuts Hyungwon's rambling off. "Where do you think he's getting the money to invest in another group?" He pauses. "Without us he's only got what money he has left and the small amount he gets from the other artists in the company. Clearly he doesn't get enough from them or he wouldn't have made our group. He needs us."

"But what if he's making the other group because he's /not/ getting enough from us?"

"Then I'll take the chance."

Once again Hyungwon pulls away. "Hyung...maybe I should just leave. I wouldn't be far. I'd still be in the same company, still debuting, and we could all still see each other."

Wonho huffs angrily, stepping away and starts pacing. "It's not about not seeing each other. We're a team. We stick together. I can't believe you're even thinking about leaving. I don't care if you're in the same company as me or the same building or even the same room." Wonho gets more and more flustered as he continues rambling, no prior thoughts on what he was saying. "I want to be on the same team. I want to share the same victories and accomplishments. I don't...want you to leave."

"I don't want to be a burden..."

Wonho looks so broken, placing his hands on either side of Hyungwon's face. "You're not a burden. You've never been a burden, Hyungwon. Never. This band wouldn't be Monsta X without you." Wonho nods his head reassuringly and then wraps his arms around Hyungwon's neck, burying his face in his neck. "You've been such a big help to us. You and your sass." Wonho chuckles, the warm air tickling Hyungwon's neck.

Hyungwon stands still. He doesn't know how to respond to Wonho's delirious state. He almost doesn't want to break him out of it, wanting to hear what else Wonho will say.

"I don't want you to leave," Wonho repeats.

Hyungwon slowly places one of his hands on Wonho's back, patting slightly. "It's not up to me."

Wonho sighs, making Hyungwon shiver at the warm air on his neck. "You're right, but you can prevent it. You can try. You can't give up, you have to fight back. There were so many others who wanted a spot in this band...why would you give it up so easily? That isn't fair to Seokwon and Gun and Yoonho and all the other guys. You're here to stay and the manager needs to know that." Wonho's arms tighten around Hyungwon. It wouldn't surprise Hyungwon at this point if Wonho were to chain himself to him just to prevent him from leaving.

Trying to lighten the mood, Hyungwon chuckles softly. "You're supposed to be comforting me and here I am comforting you. You're taking this harder than me but you did cheer me up a little."

"I just really, really don't want you to leave." Wonho pulls back and stares into Hyungwon's eyes.

"Hyung...?" Hyungwon wants to shy away from Wonho's intense stare but he feels pinned down by it.

"I really like you, Hyungwon. Don't go," Wonho pleads.

Hyungwon stays silent, still assessing Wonho's words but then Wonho leans in closer and pauses, waiting to see if Hyungwon rejects him. When he makes no move to stop him, Wonho closes the distance, connecting their lips.

After the initial shock, Hyungwon closes his eyes and returns the kiss before pulling away and smiling. "I'll fight. I don't want to leave either," he states, a new determination in his voice.

Wonho beams and kisses Hyungwon again quickly. "I'll be by your side to help."

"No matter what?"

"No matter what."