No Longer Needed

A/N Dang...starting this book off with an angsty one shot. Woot woot >:3
~DooL

Hyungwon nervously bounces his knee up and down as the manager walks in and takes a seat behind his desk. After leaning back and adjusting his tie, the manager folds his hands over his bloated stomach and stares at Hyungwon for a few seconds before speaking. "I've got good news and bad news." He pauses and then continues. "Bad news is that I'm removing you from the band because-"

Hyungwon's mouth goes dry and his hearing is replaced with a ringing sound. The manager's mouth continues to move but Hyungwon can't hear anything. Everything seems as though it's in slow motion and the room is spinning. Hyungwon begins to go into a cold sweat, his head feeling light but excruciatingly heavy at the same time. "What-"

The manager finally notices Hyungwon's state and picks up his phone, frantically yelling into the receiver. Hyungwon's vision begins to blur and before he squeezes his eyes shut, he sees his manager stand up as someone else enters the room and then he feels something cold on his forehead. "Hyungwon...." He hears to his left and he slowly opens his eyes to see the secretary holding a wet rag with a worried expression. "Is everything alright?"

Before he can respond, the manager begins speaking, his voice coming from the right of Hyungwon. "Did you hear the rest of what I said?"

Hyungwon shakes his head in an attempt to clear his mind. "I don't-" he clears his throat. "I don't understand..."

The manager sighs and settles down on top of his desk in front of Hyungwon, crossing his arms. "I'm removing you from Monsta X. Minhyuk will be taking over your parts and the group will continue promoting as a 6 member band. The good news is that I'm reserving a place for you in our new group that will be debuting next year."

"But-but why? I worked so hard to become a part of Monsta X. I went through hell to get where I am."

The manager sighs. "We just don't need 5 vocalists in Monsta X and Minhyuk is more than capable of taking your parts."

"Why me..." Hyungwon's voice falters, filled with hurt and confusion. "I've done so much for the band..."

"Who else but you? Wonho has the body, Shownu has the dancing skills, Minhyuk has the charm, and Kihyun is our main singer. Look, you've got talent and dedication, I know that, but I just don't think Monsta X is the place for you. At least I've given you an alternative."

Hyungwon doesn't wait to hear anything else. He jumps up and stumbles out of the room, trying to hold back his tears and anger. In the hallway he sees Jooheon walking to the manager's office with a CD in hand.

"Hey Hyungwon-" Jooheon stops as Hyungwon shoves past him. He pivots around and stares worriedly at Hyungwon's retreating back. 

Once around the corner, Hyungwon breaks out into a run, the tears finally escaping. He runs into one of the practice rooms and slumps into a corner, letting the tears run ferociously as he rocks back and forth with his forehead against his knees.

He started thinking about everything he'd done for the band and how much he deserved to be here. He even thought about Minhyuk's flaws and wondered why they weren't kicking him out instead. Hyungwon's anger continued to direct him to the other's flaws until he remembered the managers reasoning. His anger dissipated into self pity. The manager was right. The only thing Hyungwon was confident about was his singing. Minhyuk was funny and charming, Shownu was the band's main dancer, Wonho was the one who kept his body fit so he could flash his abs to the fans, and Kihyun was the main singer. What else could Hyungwon do? He didn't think he was funny, he could dance okay, and he originally thought he had looks but that thought had left him.