Lost But Not Forever

"Where's my papa?" She adds and I feel the stabbing feeling in my chest again. She looks at me then her expression turns to one of fear, "Why are you crying? Did something happen? No! No please no this can't be happening. I shouldn't have left him." I stop her by pulling her into my arms tightly.

"Hey calm down." I hold her in my arms. "Everything is fine." I look at her and give her a small smile trying to cover up for what actually happened. My daughter has the tendency to see when someone is lying through their eyes. She also happened to pick up on a lot of my other tendencies. I figured she couldn't have remembered all of them. It's been quite awhile since we have been together. I was quite wrong in this aspect. I take a quick peek down at her.

"Liar." she said blatantly looking up at him. I look at her putting a face of false confusion when I looked down at her. Her eyebrows were furrowed and her lips pursed. "Tell me what happened!" She crosses her arms and starts to breath heavy her eyes tearing up.

"Calm down princess please. I just have some personal stuff happening okay." I tell her and this wasn't a lie. She calms slightly. Then she frowns furrowing her eyebrows. (Still the same facial expressions)

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have yelled at you." She hugs me tightly. I smile slightly. "I just, I got so scared. I can't lose anyone else." I look at her and frown slightly.

"What happened to your mother?" I see a look of anger over take her. Nothing good by the looks of it.

"That selfish woman left me. She left my father and I." No she didn't the crocodile killed her. I think. He murdered her. "She cheated on my father." She must be talking about the woman who was her mother in this world. I promise you love. Your mother loved you much more then that stupid lady did.

"I'm sorry princess. You deserve much better then someone who would go and leave you like that." She nods and smiles slightly.

"You know Papa called me that." I close my eyes. "I need to go see Papa." Damn.

"Not yet the doctor needs to come check on you."I add quickly I smile down at her and kiss her forehead.

"I need to go see him. What if he has woken up?" She looks at me with the sad pouty face she would get when she really wanted to get something. "Can't I just go see him for a second?" I shake my head and she frowns, and lays back, crossing her arms. I look at her raising an eyebrow. She would win these back on the ship. The crew always pointed out how weak I was at saying no to her. It was true. Most occasions, about 98% of the time I would say yes. On the other occasions it usually resulted in her not wanting to speak to me for a few hours. Milah got quite good at realizing when she needed to step in.
"When the doctor comes to check in on you and he gives you an all clear that's when you can go." I tell her. She pouts and crosses her arms.
"Can you at least go get the doctor please." She pleads with me.
"Alright sweetheart I will." I get up and head outside and tell Liz. "I need you to go get the doctor please." I say outloud. "Much much later." I whisper afterward so just Liz can hear me and she nods. I go back in and see she is standing holding to the bed as she pulls her Ivy out.  "Hey hey hey hey what are you doing?" I walk over and try and stop her.
"I am going to go see my dad you can't stop me." She says to me glaring. She is giving me her death glare. Part of me wants to duck and cover but I know she can't do much right now.i put my hands on her shoulders.
"Lay down and rest you can see him when the doctor clears you." Lilly looks at me.  I look back at her and in one quick second she had spun around me and was stumble running toward the door. I go after her but it's to late. She is frozen at her "father's" door and look of horror on her face.