She Finds Out

KILLIAN POV

            I remember the first time we were separated. It was three months and two days of complete hell. Yes I kept track. Milah and I searched and searched the town, everyday we sent out more men and we checked every nook and cranny of the town we were in and the towns surrounding us. When we found her she was being whipped and beaten by one of the kings guards. Her only crime being that she was my daughter. She was about ten at the time, I was so angry I nearly killed them all but my daughter needed me more. Lillian kept me from going insane, she kept me from straying down a path of absolute evil. I mean there were some occasions but I am a pirate I am going to have some slips sometimes.

FLASHBACK

       We were searching another town we needed to find her. When we saw people begin to crowd around the town square. Milah and I looked at each other in confusion and went to the crowd we heard comments and our eyes went wide.

            "She is so young can't be more then ten or eleven." One lady whispered

             "Why are they so cruel." The other woman whispered back.

              "I heard her only crime is that her father's a pirate." My eyes go wide and I push past the crowd. They look at me and figure out who I am and move quickly. I need to see what's going on. I stop and ask this man standing shaking his head.

          "What is going on?" I look at him and he sighs.

           "They are about to tie up and whip a child. This king is ruthless." He added the end part. Then I thought back and realized we didn't check the town name.

         "What is the town name?" I ask him and he looks at me like either  i am drunk or stupid.

         "Anara." He comments and my blood runs cold. I know this king due to me having a run in with him a few  years back.  Milah catches up to me and sees my look of disgust. I look at her and then run to the front. I get there just as the first lash striked my princess and a blood curdling scream. I took my sword out and ran it through the person lashing her as he hit her with the second then dropped to the ground. Other men run up to us and Milah and I engage in a fight with them the towns people join in. I look at Lilly and see her clinging to the wooden poll she is tied to. A man comes at me and I knock his sword out of his hand and slashed at him knocking him to the ground. The towns people begin to revolt as I run after the king.

     "COME AFTER MY CHILD AGAIN AND I WILL HAVE YOUR HEAD! YOU COWARD!" I yell as I see him run to the docs. "DON'T RETURN!" I yell after he gets on the ship. The towns people cheer. I nod to them. I run back to Lilly who Milah had cut out of the rope. Lilly was shaking in her arms. She was pale, looking malnourished, and looked like she had barely slept. Her dress was dirty and  torn in the back where the lashes were. I could see previous wounds that weren't properly cared of. I lifted her up as she clung to me like her life depended on it. This was the second time I had let someone hurt my daughter this nearly as worse as the last time but at the same time worse then the last.

        "Sea rose I am going to have to lay you on your stomach so mama can clean your wounds." She nods holding my hand tightly. "Im not going to go love I will be right next to you. You can squeeze my hand if it hurts." She nods as Milah comes into the room with the ales and the herbs. She also had a bottle of rum with her to use as a way to clean the wounds. Lilly began to scoot away when she saw the bottle. "It's to help my sea rose."
"No please papa." She whimpers. The first time I have heard her voice in a few months and it's to beg me for mercy. My heart shatters.
"I'm right here for you my princess." I lay her so her head is on my leg. She holds tight to my hand in one and my leg with her other hand. Her mother begins the cleaning process.
      She flinches the second the rum touches an opened wound. She grips tighter to my hand. I see Milah trying to hold back tears. I give her a nod. She nods and continues. When she finishes with the rum Lilly is shaking.
   "I'm sorry Princess." Milah says to her. She nods.
     "It's okay mama your helping me." She gave her a small smile.
     "We love you so much." I say to her.
       "Yes we are so sorry we took so long." Milah adds. I look at Lilly.
        "It's okay I knew you would find me." I get up and turn so Milah can help her change into another dress. I turn back and see her and smile. She sits up with some help and Milah works at her hair.
        "I'll be back love." I look at them and I see her begin to panic. "I'm getting you something to eat my princess." She nods Milah holds to her.
"Light foods Honey." She says to me and I nod. Lilly curls close to Milah as Milah rocks her back and forth calming her.

I go to the kitchen to see the cook has already set some foods out. I look up and he smiles. "Tell Ms.Lilly we are all happy to see her we missed her around here." I smile at this. "She brings sunshine to this ship and that missing sunshine has been well noticed around here." I nod when he says this. "I made her favorite soup."

"Thank you for all of this. Her mother and I are so glad to have her back. As soon as she is well enough we will bring her here." I say to him.

"We have things for her." he tells me. "We want to give them to her as soon as she is ready." I nod, thank him again and leave to take the food back to the room. I see that Lilly is talking to Milah so I walk in slowly.

"I knew you would find me." she says to Milah. "They grabbed me the day I was exploring the village. I was following after you and Papa. I got lost. I'm sorry." She gets teary.

"Hey its okay none of this is your fault." Milan assures her. She continues beading Lilly's hair. I look at Milah who gives me a small smile. "Our little pirate princess wanted to feel herself again." I smile looking at Lilly.

"Hey, I brought you some food." Her eyes go wide when she sees the warm food and I feel an anger that they starved her. She looks at me slightly unsure when I place the food in front of her. I nod and she begins to eat. I sat next to her while she was eating.

Later that night after spending the day talking Lilly curls to my side and begins to doze off. "I love you papa. Im glad Im not alone anymore." I look at her and kiss the top of her head.

"I love you too, I'm here now, Papa's here now and he is sorry he ever let you go.

BACK TO STORYBROOKE

"It was three months before I found you. Three months of hell and wondering if you were alone." I say to a sleeping Lillianna. "I know he is gone and they will find him, but you are not alone, Papa is here now and he is sorry he ever let you go." I hold her hand and kiss her forehead. I feel her squeeze my hand and I look over her eyes flutter open.

"Papa?" For a second I am hopeful.