Chapter 1

Hey! So glad you guys decided to snoop in and open Wattpad and click on my story with a box of Oreos! Hope you guys enjoy, and feel free to give me your feedback!

~*CHAPTER 1*~

Where was he and why was this here?

Despite the many times she warned Julian Casanova to stay away, he never listened. He always decided to leave strange notes on Adelaide Bliss' desk- sometimes inked with blood, sometimes pricked with thorns, and once with a living spider!

Actually, the living spider incident wasn't really living- it turned out to be fake. Unfortunately, she screamed at the top of her lungs, and her classmates had themselves a good laugh. Quite the embarrassment, right?

This time, however, it wasn't that type of frightening, it was the marriage-ring type of frightening. Yes, the envelope was pink and embroidered with a soft, white lacing. Julian even managed to throw in a plastic rose along with it. What really caught her eye were the rings.
There were two of them, to be honest. A silver-beaded detail ran across the edges, while a perfectly-cut emerald was perched as the stone, glistening under the classroom lights.
She was frustrated, confused, and annoyed. At whom? At Casanova, for heaven's sake. Was he going to ask Adelaide to marry him or something?

What a preposterous idea, he's not that stupid. Either way, she shouldn't be too trusting. Casanova is known for his reckless actions around campus; he's built himself quite a reputation, if you will.

The shrill sound of the class bell rang, signaling the start of first period, which in her case, was art.

She slumped down in her chair next to the window and watched the pattering rain fall on the scenery of California. The school fields got soaked, the trees were dancing to the wind's tune, and the rain was being thrashed to the side by the wind unbelievingly quick. It is going to be quite a day, and she has to walk home, too. The window illuminated her reflection, making her chestnut-colored hair glitter with rain droplets. Her cheeks were rouged, perfecting her flawless skin. Her eyes were a rapturous shade of cerulean blue, much more appealing with the hazel-auburn endured sphere that orbited and outlined the glowing blue orbs. Each one held a coruscate gleam that enhanced their beauty. Her seraph's ears were pierced by golden hoops that were concealed by caramel colored blonde waves, enhanced by highlights of pink and blue.
"Good morning everybody," the teacher greeted, taking out a few whiteboard markers and a notebook. He quickly scribbled the instructions on the board while she looked around the classroom for the trouble-maker.

Five full minutes passed, and the late students strolled in as usual. Her eyes landed on Julian, who happened to be the in the very back of the reckless group. He took his sweet time strolling to his chair behind her. Did he not notice her anticipation? She is obviously going to rip his arm off the second he sits down!

Adelaide's anxious expression instantly turned into a scowl when Julian smirked at her, his hands folded across his chest as he sat down.

"Morning to you too, beautiful,' he said, finally acknowledging her existence.

"I'm especially proud of the fact that you didn't say 'good morning,' because it has not been a good morning today," she scoffed. "Thanks to you."

"Me?" He repeated innocently, batting his eyelashes as if she would believe him. "I just got here, if you haven't noticed, doll. Was it the fact that I wasn't here early enough bothering you?"

"Shut up. You know perfectly well what I'm talking about," Adelaide warned.

"Do I now?' He smirked again, making her reach out to slap him before the professor yelled out a warning. "Hands to yourself, Ms. Bliss."

She gritted her teeth and decided to contain her anger for the best.
"I mean, the rings, smart one. The note? Even though I remember telling you clearly to stay away. But no, it's impossible for you to do one thing that's actually right for once!' She groaned, counting silently the number of times she had the exact same conversation with him. (She counted at least twelve. Or was it thirteen?)

"You'll have to wait and see, Delle,' he whispered. Adelaide turned to face him and was surprised to see such a serious expression on his face. "After school."

She sighed and tried not to make an attempt to slap him again and said "fine."

"Please remember the date, students!" The professor said, as she realized he had explained the assignment when she wasn't paying attention.

Adelaide wrote '2015' at the top of her paper, right before the professor said "make sure to write 2016! Not 2015!" She groaned again, realizing she made the stupidest mistake of the new year.
This was going to be a long day.

Yay! Or not..? This book actually will have a bit of mystical magic, so keep that in mind guys. Now I would be amazed if you guys did some magic only you guys can do! Tap the white star with the orange outline at the bottom of the screen to make it magically turn orange! And voila! You've submitted your liking in the form of magic! ✨✨

Honey buns and Oreos,
~R. W. Shadowfax