|twenty-five|

|MY BB DYLAN WILL BE PLAYING AHMET AND YOU PRONOUNCE HIS NAME UH-MET IN CASE SOME OF YOU WERE HAVING TROUBLES.|

A FEW WEEKS LATER...

I stared at my reflection in the mirror. The gorgeous white dress fit tightly around my body. It flowed all the way down to the ground. It had long, laced sleeves and a sweetheart neck line. I've pictured this moment since I was a child but I pictured that I would be marrying someone I loved. Not someone that I just met last week. 

My heart still hurt from watching Anakin leave weeks ago. It pained me to see him leave but I knew it was what was right. I couldn't be unfaithful to Ahmet. 

"Your majesty, you will be walking in five." a handmaiden said, entering the room. I nodded my heavy head and walked out the door behind her. 

For some reason, I felt nervous. Why was I this nervous? 

"You okay Princess?" I heard a voice say. I turned my head and noticed that the handmaiden was speaking to me.

"Of course, just a bit nervous." I said honestly.

"Well you should be, Prince Ahmet is very handsome." she said, her cheeks flushing a bit. I chuckled and folded my hand together. 

She was right. Ahmet was very handsome and any girl would be lucky to be marrying him. Except I was still in love with Anakin, and I think I always will be in love with him. 

"And I heard he is very kind and caring." she continued. I nodded my head while walking down the path with the handmaiden. 

"He is." I said quietly. Ahmet was a very nice guy and he was funny. But I didn't know anything more about him. He was a complete stranger and now I was going to marry him. This all felt so wrong. 

The handmaiden handed me a bouquet of orange roses. I wrapped both of my hands around them and stood at the beginning of a white aisle runner. On each side was dozens of people all waiting for me to walk down the aisle. 

On the other end was Ahmet in a black tux. He patiently waited for me to begin walking. I was doing this for my people. I had to become Queen in order to restore peace to this planet. 

I began walking, right foot then left foot. Everyone's eyes were on me causing me to become more nervous with each step. I placed a smile on my face to seem like I wanted this. I kept my eyes on Ahmet, he was smiling too.

-

I stood in front of Ahmet under the white arch, our hands interlocked. The priest had made a speech about love and how our souls were destine to be together but none of it was true. 

"Do you, Prince Ahmet Alde, take Princess Corinna, to be your lawful wedded wife?" the priest boasted out. Ahmet smiled at me from ear to ear. 

"I do." 

"And do you, Princess Corinna Camarie, take Prince Ahmet to be your lawful wedded husband?"

I opened my mouth to say 'I do' but the words weren't coming out. Why was I hesitating? I needed to do this and I couldn't. Ahmet began to frown when seeing me struggle. 

He mouthed the words 'I do' and once again I couldn't say it. 

"Princess?" the priest said to break the silence. 

I cleared my throat and gave everyone a fake smile. 

"I do." I managed out. Ahmet smiled again and turned his attention. 

"By the power invested in me, I now pronounce you man and wife."

"You may now kiss the bride." 

Ahmet leaned in and placed a tender kiss on my lips. His hands rested on either side of my face as we kissed. But I felt nothing, not a single thing. I knew I wouldn't love Ahmet as much as I loved Anakin. Ahmet was a nice guy, but I would never care about him. 

-

I entered the palace after the reception. It was quite besides the mumbled voices of the guards. I turned to Ahmet and smiled at him. 

"I'm a bit tired." I said to him. He nodded his head.

"So am I, shall we retire?" 

I forced myself not to cringe. He seems so formal around me and I didn't like it at all. 

"Yes." I said before quickly going up the stairs and into the master bedroom. 

Ahmet and I laid in the king sized bed, side by side. Darkness filled the room along with silence. I'm sure Ahmet was asleep by now but I couldn't fall asleep yet. A sigh escaped my lips as I rolled out of bed. I reached for my black cover and threw it over my white night gown. 

I stepped out onto the balcony, into the night. It was still cold out but the weather was starting to get warmer. I rested my hands on the railing and looked out over the edge. 

All of a sudden, I heard someone behind me. I snapped my body towards the door to see Ahmet walking out onto the balcony with me. 

"Sorry, I didn't mean to startle you." he said with a small chuckle. 

"It's fine. Did I wake you?" 

"Yes but it's fine. Are you okay?" he asked. 

"Um, yeah... I just couldn't sleep." I mumbled. 

"Would you like to talk about it?" he asked, walking towards me. 

I shook my head and rubbed the back of my neck. 

"No, it's fine." I lied. 

Ahmet grabbed my shoulders and stroked them. 

"You didn't want to marry me, did you?" he asked quietly.

I looked down at my feet, I felt so guilty. I didn't know why. 

"I'm sorry Ahmet. But I had to be Queen to restore peace." I said. I looked back into Ahmet's eyes. 

"It's fine. I understand." he said with a chuckle. 

I smiled at him and began to laugh. 

"Thank you so much." I muttered. 

He smiled down at me and wrapped his arms around my torso. I hugged him closely and enjoyed it for a minute. Maybe he wasn't as bad as I thought he would be. I could possibly get used to this. 

-

MY OTPS ARE HAPPENING OFSNFNDOFN

srry for the super boring chapter.