|forty-seven|

"Padmé?"

I stared at the brunette with a bright smile on my face. She ended her conversation with a handmaiden and gave me a toothy smile. I took long strides towards her and wrapped my arms around her quickly.

"How have you been?" I asked her while pushing out of the hug.

"It's been boring without you if I'm being honest." she said with a small laugh.

"How about you?" she asked me. I shrugged, not really wanting to get into it at the moment.

We continued to talk by the window about our past few weeks. Nothing had really happened in either of our lives. Well except the fact the Padmé and Obi-wan had been spending a lot of time together. I smirked at the brunette.

"Do you like him?" I asked her. Slowly, her cheeks turned to a light pink.

"No, and if I did...we couldn't be together." she stopped and looked down at her cup of tea.

"He's a Jedi Knight and I'm a senator. It would never work." Padmé said lowly. Her words made me think about Anakin and I. He was a Jedi Knight and I was a Queen. Yes I wanted to be with him but things were so tough between us. He had risked so much for me and what have I done for him?

"I guess you're right. But if you care for him, you should at least tell him." I suggested. Padmé smiled and looked back up at me.

"Maybe I do have some feelings for him. But that doesn't matter." Padmé said with a bright smile on her face. I could tell that Obi-wan made her happy but it made me sad that she was against the idea of not telling him about how she feels.

"Anyways, have you spoken to Anakin lately?" I asked.

"No, but Obi-wan has. He's not having the best time on Tatooine." Padmé said, her smile fading.

"I just wish I could visit him. Even if it's for a day." I spoke softly. Suddenly, Padmé jumped in her seat.

"You could go see him for a little while! I'm sure that would make him happy." Padmé said with her voice full excitement.

"I can't leave Altre. The Jedi Council would know if I went to see him." I said. Padmé's smile disappeared completely now.

"I'm sorry Corinna. I know how much you two miss each other."

"I know that we'll see each other again soon." I said. I hoped that I was right. I did miss him but if he wanted to continue to be a Jedi, we would have to pull through this.

-

Padmé had stayed the night at my palace. It was nice having her around for awhile. I laid in bed after I slowly woke up. As I laid there thinking about what to do for the day I felt my stomach twist into knots. I jumped to my feet and raced over to the bathroom as I felt the feeling of the contents of my stomach rise up my throat.

I fell to my knees as everything I had eaten lately left my body. My face was on fire and my stomach and throat became sore.

"Your highness?" I heard someone call out from my bedroom. I gained my composure as I called out to one of the handmaidens.

"In here." I coughed. I felt too weak to stand to my feet at the moment. I sensed the presence of someone standing in the doorway.

"Oh my goodness. Are you okay?" I heard my handmaiden worry as she helped me to my feet. I wiped my mouth with the back of my hand and nodded my head.

"I'm fine. I think I just ate something bad." I said to her.

"Let's get you back to bed your highness." she said as she wrapped her arm around me and lead me back to bed. I rested my back against the head rest as the handmaiden tossed the blanket over me.

"Would you like some water miss?" she asked. I shook my head before thanking her.

Only a moment after the handmaiden left, Padmé rushed into my room. I watched her jump on the bed next to me.

"What happened?" she asked.

"I think I just ate something bad last night." I told her. She glared at me for a moment before parting her lips to say something.

"I ate the same food you did last night and I didn't get sick." Padmé said. I gave her a confused look as a smirk was plastered on her lips.

"What are you trying to say? That-that I'm...pregnant?"

-

wow this is a short chapter and kinda boring. but before you say anything about the possibility of Corinna being pregnant, I think that this is a good way to end the story because I plan on only having two more chapters.

But I'm going to be gone for a few days so I won't be able to update as often. I'm going to try and finish the story before I leave so that way when I get back I can just publish them.