|thirteen|

I opened my eyes only to squint from the sudden bright light. I sat up and opened my eyes all the way. I looked around and saw sand everywhere. To the right of me was the crashed pod. I jumped up to my feet and raced over to it. I looked through the broken glass, there was no sign of Annora. I looked around the ship for her and still didn't see her. 

"Annora!" I shouted. When I got no reply and looked around. Everywhere I looked was just sand. I groaned and started walking. I had no idea where I wasn't going to stay here much longer. 

-

I dragged my feet across the sand and squinted my eyes to keep the sand out of them. I was tired and thirsty, it felt like I had been walking for hours. I climbed over a sand dune and stood at the top to get a better look around. 

In the distance was a rocky canyon. I looked in the distance and saw what looked like a sign of civilization. I signed, knowing that I would have to go through the scary canyon to get there. 

I slid down the dune and began walking though the canyon. I stayed on high alert because this area gave me a bad feeling. 

I did my best to pay attention to where I was walking all while trying to take in my surroundings. All of a sudden I heard a noise coming from one of the rocks. I turned sharply and studied where the sound came from. I turned forward again and began running. 

I struggled to get air into my lungs but I didn't bother stopping. I turned my head behind me to see if anything was chasing me. Once it was clear, I turned my head back around. 

All of a sudden I slammed right into something and fell to the ground with a loud thud. I groaned and rubbed my aching forehead as I looked up. A figure lifted a stick above it's head and hollered. I let out a small scream and scrambled to my feet to race off. I turned around to see the figure chasing after me. I picked up speed only to stop abruptly in front of another one. 

I looked back and forth between the two, unsure of what to do. As they drew near me I knew I would have to fight back. They both hollered and charged at me. The first one swung its stick at me and it me in the side. I fell to the ground from the impact and let out  short yelp. 

It scrambled to stand above me and attack me again. I lifted my leg and kicked it in the gut, causing it to fall backwards. 

I got to my feet but the other one hit me on the head. I fell back to the sandy ground and pressed my hand to where it hit me. Blood was dripping from my fingers and onto the sand. I rushed to my feet again and turned to the two attackers. 

Before they had a chance to attack me again, I raced off at full speed. I never looked back for one second, all I knew was that I had to get the hell out of there. 

-

Anakin's POV

I hadn't been back to Tatooine since the death of my mother. I didn't ever want to come back here but I had to for Corinna. I got off of the royal ship with a few guards right behind me. My feet touched to hot sand, the two suns beat down on my face like they used to. The air was stuffy and full of sand and dust particles. 

"We lost the reading on her tracking system a little while ago." one of the guards said to me. I looked down at the sand and frowned. 

"We need to split up. You two can search Mos Espa while I go search the outskirts of town." I said, pointing to two of the guards. I turned my attention to the last guard. 

"You can come with me." I said before heading away from Mos Espa.

-

I trudged through the sand, it was getting darker out and there was still no sign of Corinna anywhere. I turned my head behind my shoulder to check on the guard. He was following behind me, he looked tired and ready to pass out. I sighed and turned forward again. I had a horrible feeling in my stomach so I placed my hand on my lightsaber. I scanned my surroundings, checking for Tusken Raiders. 

"Master Skywalker." the guard said as we walked over a slight dune. I turned around to face the guard, he was kneeling on the ground and touching the sand. I leaned over and and studied the ground he was touching better. 

I noticed a blood spot contrasting against the sand.

"It's still fresh." he said.

"Tusken Raiders hunt around here so it could belong to anyone or anything." I tired to reassure myself that it didn't belong to Corinna. What are the odds that it was her blood? 

"Hopefully it isn't the Princess'." the guard said, as if he read my mind. 

"It's getting late, we should head to town to see if they found her." 

-

crappy chapter, I'm sorry :( I haven't had a lot of motivation to write lately and I've been super tired lately. 

but I might be publishing a new story soon if you guys want me to...?