|six|

(unedited)

It had been a few weeks since the attack in the woods and my ankle was all healed up. I was happy to walk on my own without crutches. I rushed out of my room and rapidly knocked on Anakin's door. It was early in the morning so I knew that he would be asleep still. 

I heard him rushing towards the door. Suddenly it swung open. Anakin stood in front of me with a worried look. But I was focused on his shirtless torso. All he had on were his sleep pants and a cover over his shoulders. 
"What's wrong?" He said breathlessly. 
"Nothing, I wanted to go outside before my parents woke up." I said with a smile. Shaking the thought of how attractive he looked when he first wakes up.

He chuckled and sighed. 
"Let me get dressed." He said before disappearing back into his room. I waited silently, leaning against the wall next to his door. 

"Okay lets go." Anakin said, finally coming out of his room.
"Took you long enough." I whispered when we walked past my parents room. 

He laughed and followed me out of the palace. It was still dark out but the sun would be rising in less than an hour. I turned my head to look over my shoulder. Anakin was falling behind me. 
"Come on Anakin, hurry." I said. He looked sleepy and grumpy. 

I sighed and grabbed his hand before dragging him with me to our destination. 
"Where are we going?" he asked. I giggled and stayed silent. 
"Come on Corinna." he begged. 
"Just wait and see." I muttered. 

Eventually I reached the lake and turned to Anakin. 
"What are we doing here?" he asked. 
"Here is another one of my favorite places." I smiled. 

I grabbed his hand again and dragged him down the dock where a small boat waited. I hopped in and stuck my hand out to help Anakin in. 
"Is that even stable?" He asked with a chuckle. 
"Of course." I promised. He took my hand and slowly made his way into the boat next to me. 

I grabbed the two ores and pushed away from the dock. 
"Row to the middle of the lake." I demanded, pushing the ores towards Anakin. 

He chuckled and rolled his eyes. 
"Anything for you Princess." I watched him slowly row us to the middle of the lake. 

"Stop here." I muttered, looking into the sky. It was still dark but the light orange glow of the sun beginning to grow. 

"Why here?" Anakin asked. 
"This is the perfect spot to watch the sun rise." I murmured. 

I noticed a small smile on Anakin's face before I turned my body towards the horizon. 
"Can I ask you something?" I asked out of the blue. 
"Anything." Anakin said. 

 I cleared my throat, wondering if I should actually ask him this or not. 
"A few weeks ago, in the woods...we um almost kissed." I started. I started to get a little embarrassed.
"But you didn't kiss me...why?" I looked at him. He was looking down at his hands. 

"I can't-" He sighed.
"I can't get attached, it's against the Jedi Code." finally he looked up at me. I stiffened. 
"Oh." I choked out. 

I knew it was stupid of me to feel sad over this, I couldn't let myself fall for someone who was unavailable.

Awkward silence filled the surrounding air but I tried to shake it off and focus on the rising sun.
"Beautiful, isn't it." I finally broke the silence.
"What?" Anakin said, zoning back in from his daydream.
"The sun rising." I muttered.

He looked at me and smiled.
"It's very beautiful."

I frowned slightly, not being able to forget about what Anakin said.
"What's wrong, I sensed that you're upset." He said.

"It's stupid." I muttered.

Anakin reached out and placed his hand on my leg. I looked down at his hand and felt a shiver down my spine. Anakin must have noticed my uneasiness because he removed his hand. 
"Sorry." He whispered. 

I heard him clear his throat before fixing himself.
"You can tell me anything, no matter how stupid." He said, switching back to our conversation. 
"I-I like you Anakin. But it doesn't matter because you can't feel the same way." I muttered. 

He looked away but I could still see the frown on his face. 
"Corinna-" he began but I cut him off. 
"It doesn't matter anymore Anakin, lets just forget I said anything." I asked. 

We both stayed silent and just watched the sun rise slowly. I knew I shouldn't have said anything, it was stupid of me yet I did it anyways. 

Soon the whole sun was shining in the sky. I looked over at Anakin. 
"Row us back." I demanded. He nodded and picked up the ores. 

-

I sat on the chair with my knees tucked close to my chest, reading a book since I had nothing better to do. 
"Corinna, my dear what are you doing?" I looked up from the book and noticed my mother had entered the room.
"Reading..." I said. 
"I figured you would be outside. You know before the storm later today." 

"I have nothing to do outside mother." I said bleakly. 
"How about you and Anain-" she began but I cut her off.
"I don't feel like going out mother." I snapped. 

"Is something wrong?" 
"No, why would you ask?" I tried my best to act like nothing was really wrong.
"You seem upset." She came over and sat down in the chair next to me. 

I sighed and looked at my mother. 
"It's nothing mother." I lied. 
"You can tell me anything." my mother grabbed my hand and squeezed it. 

"Is it about a boy?" she asked with a smirk. I giggled and shook my head. 
"Sort of." I muttered. She smiled and me. 
"What's his name?" 

I rolled my eyes playfully. 
"It's not important because he doesn't feel the same and he never will." I told her. 
"And why is that?" 

"It's a long story mother." I sighed. 
"Right. Well I better get going, I have business in town." She got up from the chair and began to walk out of the room. 

Suddenly she turned around and smiled. 
"Oh and sweetheart." 
"Yes mother?" 

"I'm sure Anakin feels the same way."

-

lol what is this??? You guys it's late here and I'm tired so sorry for this crap chapter.