Unwanted Reunions

Start from the beginning

"Well, we're not doing that today." She told me, zipping up her jacket. "Today is our last day of freedom from the boys."

I shook my head and stuffed my fists into River's coat pocket.

"Yeah, well, not for me," I confessed, feeling saddened. "River already has his next movie planned out. The filming starts in a few weeks."

Piper jumped in front of me and frowned.

"What? What movie?" She wondered, slowly becoming more intrigued.

"Dogfight." I answered, hoping that was the right title. "He's playing Eddie Birdlace."

Piper scoffed and continued down the street, glancing around.

"Have you ever noticed that they always give River the weird names?" She asked me. "I mean, first it's Wolfgang. Then it's Indiana and Devo, and now Birdlace? What the fuck."

I laughed at her comment and shook my head, dodging the cracks in the street.

"What about Chris or Jimmy?" I corrected.

"You know what I mean." She laughed, nudging me slightly.

We continued down the street until we reached what looked like an old book store. Since there seemed to be no other interesting shops, we headed in.

All book stores feel the same to me; the smell of old paper and thick air.

"I don't even read books," Piper started. "But all the cute boys do."

I rolled my eyes and walked around the store, Piper following.

"Let's not forget you have a boyfriend." I reminded her.

"Hey, a girl can still look though!" She told me as she began to walk away. "You know if you saw a hottie you'd check him out." She said across the aisle.

I kept my hands firm inside my pockets as I answered.

"If you think I have even the slightest attraction to anyone who's not River, you might be on some hard drugs." I told her jokingly.

It was true, though. Who could ever compare to him?

She laughed and nodded at me, cocking her head slightly.

"I'll give you that." She joked.

When we had finally realized that we didn't plan on buying anything, we headed out. That was until I found myself colliding with a body at the door.

I tumbled a little bit, regaining my balance and looking back.

"Gosh, sorry. My bad." I said, connecting eyes with a tall, brown haired man.

Oh great, Frank.

He dusted off his shirt, giving Piper and I a second to look to each other in shock.

"No way," Frank said when he realized it was me. "This has to be fate! Either that, or you're following me." He joked.

This guy is impossible.