deadpool [review]

spoilers! duh. 

it's been a month between the movie's u.s. release and this review, so i suppose it's a good time to get into it. 

first of all, this movie is great. pure awesomeness. there may have been some things that were a little cringe-worthy, but i'm just here to cover the overall film. k? 

wade wilson is such an excellent and iconic character in the marvel universe, and it would have been literally illegal if they never did a movie on him. you go, footage leakers. 

i mean seriously, this movie was a long time coming, and i'm thankful ryan reynolds held onto the role for so long. 

now into the actual movie: 

- the supporting characters/cast were phenomenal. colossus and negasonic teenage warhead were a great duo. (i loved that x-men shade throughout the film.) vanessa was definitely another character i loved, too. ajax "what's my name" francis was a great villain, and as much as a terrible person he was, you can't deny the great acting there. 

- DEADPOOL. i think ryan reynolds was born for this role, and he brought the character to life in the most deadpool-style way possible. with a bunch of wise-cracks and sexual innuendos (as well as literal sex). and killing. lots and lots of killing. but yet, wade wilson still has a heart of gold. what a great guy. 

- the scenes taking place on the bridge brought literal tears to my eyes. i think it had to do with the fact that wade broke multiple limbs and literally chopped off his own hand.(THE BABY HAND LATER ON, I CAN'T.)

- the soundtrack fit the overall theme of the movie and i loved it. 

- the action scenes were legendary but the humor and fourth-wall breakage really got to me, i'm sorry i just love this movie. 

I LOVE DEADPOOL, ALRIGHT? 

also ps: deadpool sequel with cable? i don't think i'm emotionally ready for that but sign me the hell up. 

rukayah. xx