The Time Turner and The Plan

Hermione cried once more.  She had been doing this frequently, ever since the war.  Thinking about Snape, Colin Creevey, Tonks and all of the other dead people.  But she stopped herself from crying this time.  You wanna know why?  

Because this time she had a plan.

Oh yes, Hermione Granger has made another flawless plan.  In fact, she had already started it.  She had owned her time turner to Weasley's Wizard Wheezes as soon as she had gotten to Hogwarts and found it, hidden under a loose floorboard in her dorm.  She knew what she had to do.  She had asked them to "conduct an experiment", no questions asked.  They were to make the time turner go back years, not hours.  They were making progress, she had gotten an owl from the, telling them that they had made it go back in months exactly 3 days and 4 hours ago.  Not that she was counting or anything.  

Anyway, she had a plan.  She was to go back to the year James and Lily joined Hogwarts, and pretend to be head girl, but drinking Polyjuice potion.  It was a bit like what happened with Barty Crouch and Mad-Eye Moody, but with good intentions.  

From then, she would gain James' trust, and Lily's.  Then she would go forwards in time.  Taking Polyjuice once more, she would tell James and Lily (and Sirius) about the plot, about Pettigrew, therefore saving the Wizarding World and Harry's parents.

Flawless, right?