Chapter 12:Mark?

____________TIME SKIP__________
                               •1 WEEK•

"You guys ready to head to Palmaner?" I asked enthusiastically as I braided two French Braids for my hair and tied it with a ponytail. "I think so, umm I have the food, Mark has the Ammo and water bottles, Matt has the first aid kit and the duct tape, and Anna has the pistols and pocketknives." Joy said pointing to each of us as she called out what we had. "I think that means we are ready!" Matt said as he kissed her on the lips before we headed toward the door. "Anna?" "Yes Mark?" I said as he hugged me from behind before I could turn around. "I just want you to know I love you more than anything in this world and if anyone ever..." I cut him off before he said anything else by giving him a kiss. "Mark, I know you care. I'd do anything for you also." I smiled and pulled him towards the door where Matt and Joy were. "You guys ready?" Matt asked as we all nodded and got ready to head out the door. "Let's do this, guys." Joy said as she opened the door, and we were off.

We were walking for 2 hours, nonstop. It was one of the most tiring things I've ever experienced in my life. On our way we passed many houses and dead walkers, your typical apocalyptic walk. We came upon a run down, pharmacy next to a couple other stores like Walmart and a shoe store. We were walking down the road to go towards the pharmacy and as we got closer, it looked like people were camping and living here. "Oh fuck" I said as I backed away, bumping into someone, or something. I freaked out and as I turned around and backed away, I saw a man holding a gun pointing to my head. "HEY WOAH! WOAH!" Mark yelled as he pulled me behind him. "Looks like this young girl got herself a man!" The guy laughed loudly. His other friends stepped out from behind broken-down cars, with a bunch of intimidating weapons. "I see what I want guys, but it looks like she's got a man to protect her. Haha, funny. This little punk won't be able to fight me for 2 seconds until I kill his ass." I gulped as Mark stepped up to the guy and got in his face, showing no fear. "You want to bet?!" Mark said as Joy quickly stepped up and pulled me back with her. "Mark no, please don't do this!" I yelled, tears forming in my eyes as Joy and Matt pulled me away. "You'd do it for me Anna." Mark said as a tear fell down my cheek. "Why can't we work something out? We aren't even trying to bother you-" The leader interrupted me with, " Too late for that sweetheart." Matt is holding Joy close with his gun drawn. I try to scream and run to Mark, but all I remember is my vision going dark and a sharp pain forming in my shoulder...