Chapter 7: Time Goes By

Time skip-1 year
_________________________________
Anna's P.O.V.

Last year felt like it was yesterday. I remember the sight of Andrea's dead body as the walkers ate her, piece by piece. I was screaming trying to save her, but she was already gone. She had saved me when we were escaping the walkers. I jumped over the fence that was standing before her, and I let her die. Everyone tells me I couldn't have done anything to save her anyways, but I still feel like there was something. I've had nightmares almost every night about it, about what I've done. I don't tell anyone because they always tell me it wasn't my fault, but it was.
Mackenzie had her baby; it was a girl. They named her Avery, and she is a beautiful baby. She has red hair like her father, and green eyes from her mother. She is currently three months old, and yesterday Mackenzie told me she finally sleeps through the night. Wow, time really does fly by quick. It feels like last week was when I was first saved by the gang. (Mark, Enid, Carl, Mackenzie, and Brad) Alexandria has been growing slowly with more people, and the walkers are always outside the walls. The walkers are always moaning and hissing, and I'll admit, it gets really fucking annoying. I'll be trying to sleep, and I'll hear occasional gunfire from the guards shooting the walkers. They are annoying, but they aren't as hard to kill as they used to be. As time goes on, the walkers are decaying more and more.