Chapter 16. Goner

Start from the beginning

Lydia looked at the paper and she nodded in agreement, "It's the water treatment plant."

"That's where they are. That's where we'll find Kasey, Liam and Hayden." Scott said with finality. 

⬘ ⬘ ⬘

I was now laying on the floor. I don't remember being taken out of my restraints and I don't remember being awake to move. The Dread Doctors must have moved me while I was passed out. I tried to sit up, but my body was far too weak and I just laid there. The floor was wet and the door to my room was actually open. I could see Liam and Hayden laying outside of the room and I let out a sigh of relief. At least I know that Liam is okay. 

My mouth opened and I attempted to speak, but I couldn't. I've screamed so much that my voice is gone. At least, for now. I squeezed my eyes shut and took a deep breath. I don't know why they put me on the floor, but I'm one step closer to getting the hell out of here. If only I could get up. 

The door slammed shut suddenly and I jumped slightly, one of the Dread Doctors walked in and they had a radio of sorts. I blinked in confusion, not knowing what they could possibly be doing with that. He placed the radio on the table and turned it out. All I could hear was static and it was insanely loud. He turned a few knobs and then a high pitched shriek began to bounce off the walls. Immediately my hands flew to my ears and I tried to block the sound out, but it was already in my head. 

It sounded like a million people crying out for help. I squeezed my eyes shut and screamed along with them, because their shrill screams were piercing my skull and it felt like it was about to explode. Suddenly it stopped, and I continued to scream because my head was on fire. I have no idea what just happened but I didn't like it one bit. I could taste blood in my mouth, it no doubt was coming from my nose.

The Dread Doctor turned to face me, and once again he had a needle in his hand. I tried to move away from him, but he snatched me up off the floor and started dragging me away from my room. Hayden and Liam were gone, and now I was out in the open area. There were large glass tanks with bodies in them and I didn't like the vibe I was getting from this place. Whatever the Dread Doctors are, they're insane.

He pulled me over to the large tank that a person with a mask was in, the water was green and I watched as he grabbed a tube that was connected to the inside of the tank and he filled the syringe up with the liquid from inside the tank. He's not putting that inside of me, is he? 

My question was quickly answered as soon as he jabbed the needle into my neck. I hissed in pain, not liking the familiar sting. He began dragging me some more and suddenly my vision began to go blurry. What the hell did he just give me? I feel fuzzy everywhere, like my body is going numb. I'm sick and tired of these games. I don't want to do this anymore. I just want to go home. 

The Dread Doctor lifted me up onto another examining table, and I huffed as he had me on my stomach. I couldn't move, literally, so I can't see what's happening. I could hear footsteps so I knew the others were coming. I wanted to cry because I was so scared, but I couldn't. My head was turned to the left, and they were approaching from the right. Meaning, I couldn't see what they had or what they might do. 

"Kasey," one spoke and I shuddered in response. 

I have no idea how they know my name, but they've said it a million and one times since I've been down here. One of them lifted my shirt, allowing them access to my back. I could feel a slight tinge of heat moving along my spine and then I heard, "Her condition improves." 

How am I constantly improving? Do they keep testing me to see if I'll die? Are they hoping that I'll die? What is the point of all these tests and experiments. Every single test they throw at me, I somehow manage to pass it so why do they keep trying to break me down?