Chapter Thirty-Two: A Baby?!

***Nathan's P. O. V.***

I-I'm pregnant?? No, this can't be happening. It's not possible. Our chances of getting pregnant naturally were so damn slim, and this happens?! How?!

As soon as we get off the phone with my doctor, I call Daddy. I need to know something.

"Daddy?" I say as soon as he answers.

"Hi, baby. Wh-what's wrong? You sound upset!"

"Dad, have you sensed anything odd lately with your powers?" I ask

"Having to do with who?"

"Me!"

"Well, I haven't tried. Would you like me to? Are you worried something is going on spiritually with you?"

"Just do it please, Dad. Please," I say.

"Okay, okay. Calm down. Give me a moment."

He quiets down and doesn't talk again for what feels like an eternity. I know he's in his trance that he goes into when he uses his powers. He gasps after about two minutes.

"Nathan! You're carrying a pup!" he exclaims suddenly.

"I know!" I yell. "Why didn't you know before? I think Val knew."

"What makes you say that?" he asks.

I get up and pace around the living room. Charlie watches me worriedly.

"He drew a cute family drawing, but I'm all fat. I have a really round stomach in it," I explain.

"Interesting. .  For me to not know, you'd have to have used a spell to conceal it from me like Peter admitted to having done, or. . ."

"Or what?"

"Can I come over?"

"Yes. Of course. Are you going to bring Eddy?" I ask.

"No. Ella will watch him, but Moon is coming along."

"Okay. I'll see you soon."

"See you soon."

I hang up the phone and sit back down on the couch. Val looks up from where he's now sitting on the floor. Charlie puts his arm around me.

"Well, isn't this exciting?" he says, trying to reassure me.

"Yeah but. . . I just can't believe it. No happy but also scared. This is an extremely high risk pregnancy. What if-"

"Don't," he interrupts me. "If you're happy, then be happy! I'm so excited. This is amazing."

I smile, "You're right. Wow. I guess we did it! We made a baby!"

He smiles and kisses me, touching my ears. We sit together and fantasize about our unborn child until our dads get here. We let them in and get right down to business. No small talk.

"I want to try something," my dad whispers in my ear. "Just go with it."

I nod a little so Val doesn't see. He's hanging onto my dad's leg. We sit down on the couch, pretending to talk like normal. Charlie and Papa make conversation, still standing. Dad gets to talking about the baby, which gets Val's attention. Dad pretends to get mad at us for having the baby.

"You two are so young! How could you have a baby? This baby is no good!" he says, reaching for my stomach.

Val gasps and throws himself on top of me, protecting my stomach. He lays his hand on my stomach, and suddenly I sense a sort of presence. He looks up at me and his eyes are suddenly ice blue and glowing.