Chapter 15. Disease

Start from the beginning

The Dread Doctor seemed to ignore my request, but he pressed the scalpel to my skin and I screamed as I felt the flesh being ripped open. My eyes were welling with tears as he slid the blade across my entire stomach, my screams were bouncing off the walls and causing my ears to ring. I could see the blood oozing off onto the floor, forming a small puddle.

I was panting as he grabbed another sharp tool that looked extremely vintage and he pressed the blade into the cut that he had just made. It felt like he was ripping apart my insides and I tried jerking away in the restraints but I wasn't moving. All I could do was lay here and scream. I can call for help all I want but I know that nobody will be able to hear me. I can scream all I want but it's not going to do me any good.

He then grabbed another needle and he jabbed it into the wound, I screeched as he injected me with something else. This time I felt the burn immediately, whatever he had just shot me up with I could feel it seeping into my bloodstream. I started choking due to how heavy I was breathing, but he continued to grab more tools to cut me open with. I coughed out, "Please stop."

He responded with, "You're not done."

⬘ ⬘ ⬘

"Kasey? Kasey, can you hear me?"

My vision was fuzzy as I came into consciousness. I was still strapped down to a table, but my door was open and I could vaguely make out a figure of someone laying on the floor. I blinked rapidly as I tried to clear my vision, but it was hard.

I recognized that voice, it was Liam. Which meant he was still alive. Which to me, is good news.

"Liam? Are you alright?" I managed to rasp out, my throat was burning from all the screaming I had been doing.

I'm not sure how long I had been out for, nor was I sure how long we had been down here. It feels like forever because I've had nothing but blades and needles being put into me. It hurts, everything hurts and I just want to cry but I don't think I have any tears left in me.

My door was then slammed shut and the Dread Doctor with the cane emerged forward. I whimpered as he took a seat beside me, his hands fiddling with the sharp objects on the table. I don't know how much more of this I can take. My body isn't healing as well as to be expected and they are running out of room to cut me.

I'm not sure if I'm going to die down here or not. I really hope that I can find a way out because that means I will be dying on bad terms with Scott. That means I will be dying without saying goodbye to Stiles. That means that everything I've done to survive up until this point was for nothing. After everything that we've gone up against, these psycho doctors are going to be the ones to kill me.

How did this even happen? How did we get here? I can't remember anything other than pain.

"Please," I choked out, "I can't do anymore."

"Your condition improves," he spoke as he grabbed another weird looking blade.

I swallowed thickly, "No, it's not improving. I'm not healing."

"You're changing."

I'm changing? What the actual hell-- oh my God. Oh my God, no! As soon as I realized what he was doing to me I started using every ounce of strength I had and began thrashing around wildly in my chair. I know what they're doing to me. They are turning me into a chimera. I thought they were experimenting on me because they knew I was an Admonere and they were trying to get answers, but now I know that they are trying to turn me into something else.

I can't become one of these things. I can't be a science experiment. What if I'm a failure? What if I start to reject the change and I die? I can't die like this. I just can't. I've worked too hard on so many things to go out like this.