CHAPTER ONE - GUESS WHO

♡

20 YEARS LATER

Violet promised to keep in contact with Jo and did occasionally visit her at the hospital - visit as in creep around the hallways. Being on the run with Katherine was much more gruelling then she expected, a condition that she did not sign up for when she left Mystic Falls all those years ago. Katherine and her went their separate ways after many years and Violet haven't heard from her since then. She always wondered how Katherine was since they usually kept in contact.

With the people off of Violet's back, she had returned to Mystic Falls to put an end to this lifetime of running and finally settling down after years. It is through these experiences that helped shape Violet's major and so she enrolled in Whitmore College - she was attending many classes and living out her twenties because she never got to live that part of her life. Life had been going swell for her - she even bumped into a guy here and got his number. What a score... she thought.

Now that Violet was back for good, she decided she would pay her friend an old visit. She dialled Jo's number and had no idea if she would even pick up her call, the line rung for a bit before Jo picked up, "Violet! Hey."

"Did I catch you at a bad time?" she questioned walking through the hallways. She had visited twice or thrice when she was staying low in Mystic Falls before she had to flee again.

"I'm actually on my lunch break. Did you need something?" Jo's concerned tone appeared.

Violet sighed and hung up, "I've been experiencing terrible back pains, how anything gets done at this hospital, I just don't know." she joked.

Jo's confusion morphed into relief when she turned to the source of the voice, "Violet!"

The amount of conversations they exchanged that day alongside the consoling hugs were something that Violet didn't know that she was missing. A sense of comfort engulfed the pair as they were finally back home, together and it felt as if the stars had all aligned in the right places to get them where they are right now.

"Where are you staying?"

"I actually go to college here." she stated after taking a large gulf of coffee, something that she did not know she needed in her life. It just tasted so good...

"Oh, are you going into medicine?" she inquired, raising a brow at the brunette.

Violet waved her off, "Please, that's your thing. Besides, I know the whole vampire thing means I like blood but you know how squeamish I am." she explained, "I'm actually doing some English course but of course it's still all undecided, I will see how the flow goes."