13: Just

"I knew you could do it," Peter said, sitting down with Calum to a late breakfast in the dining hall.

Calum raised an eyebrow. "What? Make it four days?"

Peter nodded. "I thought that you might get too far in yourself like you tend to do and overthink everything, but you made it." He gave Calum a thumbs-up.

Calum poured milk over his cereal. "It was hard. I can't stop thinking about him. Peter, I'm going to see him in less than an hour. What am I going to say?" He picked up his spoon and took a bite. It was cardboard compared to the breakfast Michael had made him.

"I have no idea. I mean, you're obviously going to talk about Thursday night."

"Mhm."

"About what you did."

"Yeah."

"About what that means for you two."

"Yep."

"About how you could possibly want to move ahead."

"Yep."

"How you want to sleep with him."

"Ri—" He breathed in his food. Choking, regaining his composure, he put his spoon down and rested his hands on the edge of the table. "Pete."

"Am I incorrect?"

Calum clicked his teeth, looking around. "I haven't thought about it."

Peter rolled his eyes. "That's a lie. An unconscious lie, but a lie."

Calum took a deep breath.

"I've only seen him up close in a headshot but let me guess. His eyes—you constantly look at his eyes. He has broad shoulders so I bet you imagine what they look like shirtless. And—oh, right. His hands. Oh, yeah. I bet you look at his hands and his fingers and think about what he'll—"

"Stop!" Calum almost shouted. He looked around again, bright red, hoping no one was listening. He lowered his head a little. "I thought you didn't want to think about details, Peter," Calum whispered harshly.

Peter smirked at him. "Just saying. I know you've thought about it."

Calum sighed. "Maybe I have."

"And you do want to."

Calum shook his head, not answering. "You're my best friend, Peter, but I don't think this should be a topic for us."

"No, I agree. It's something you have to mention to him. Well, he'll probably mention it to you."

Calum rubbed his face. "Oh, man. What's happening."

"You're tumbling."

"Tumbling?"

"Yeah. Not quite falling yet. But almost."

Calum sighed again. "Right."

"I usually am."

Calum rolled his eyes.

"Now eat so you can get on your bus and go see him."

Calum did as Peter said.