Part 26

Sunday, September 13th // Cameron's POV

I slipped on my obey tank and some khaki shorts, along with my vans and grabbed my keys, walking to my car and starting it up.  I was going over to Carter's to hang out with him and a few of the other guys.

I pulled out of the driveway and made the long drive to Carter's huge house, wondering what Jay is up to today.  I pushed the thought out of my mind as I parked my truck on the side of the road, getting out and walking into Carter's house. 

"Sup bro," Carter greeted after I knocked on the front door.  He was followed by Nash and Matt, all of them giving me bro hugs before we walked inside.  "Wanna drink?" Carter asked, opening the fridge as we made our way into his vacant kitchen.

"Got any soda?" I asked as Carter rummaged through his fridge.  He tossed me a can of Coke, which I gladly opened and took a sip of. 

"So how are you and Jay?" Nash asked, raising his eyebrows up and down and doing a dumbass shoulder dance.

"Amazing," I announced, chuckling and smiling at the thought of my girl. 

"Dude, I've said this many times, but you're so whipped," Nash replied, taking a seat at the bar and continuing our conversation. 

"I know," I shrugged, leaning against the counter.  "Xbox?" I asked with a smirk, knowing the guys couldn't resist a game of madden.  They all returned the smirk and bolted to the game room.

Carter handed me a remote as he set up the game and we all picked our opponents.  I was playing the winner of Matt and Nash, and we all knew it was gonna be Nash, Matt sucks at video games. 

Matt and Nash were neck and neck when my phone started vibrating against my leg from inside of my pocket.  I looked at the caller id and smiled, Jay.

I wanted to answer, I love her, but I was having a guys day and I thought the guys might get annoyed, ya know? So I decided not to, she probably just wanted to say hey.  I ignored it until she called again, and again, and again.

"Hello?" I asked, being a bit nervous because she called about four times.

"Cameron, I need you," she said, sounding panicked, and it took me no time to shoot up out of my seat.

"What is it?" I asked, grabbing my keys, ignoring the confused expressions and mumbles from the guys.

I heard her uneven breathing, and then her whisper quietly, "It's Jack."

"Where are you?" I asked, walking straight out the door with the guys now behind me.

"The boardwalk," she replied quickly, she sounded freaked out.  I swear, if he hurts, touches, or even so much as looks at her, I'll pound him into the center of the earth, again.

"I'm coming, don't worry babygirl," I replied, hanging up and starting the car. I zipped down the street with the guys giving me directions to the boardwalk from our current location.

I took a few turns and whipped into the parking lot, jumping out and not even turning my car off.

I ran up the steps and looked through the crowds of people to find the one person I would always notice. "Leave us alone," I heard. I turned my head to the left and saw Jack following Mahogany and Jay. 

"Jay, we need to talk," Jack said in a stern voice as she continued to walk away from him.  He grabbed her forearm and spun her around.  "Now," he seethed through his teeth.

"Jay!" I yelled, running through crowds of people and bumping into several of them.  Jay ripped out of his grasp and ran to me, tears brimming her eyes.