Part 7

Thursday, August 27th // Jay's POV

I woke up to the sound of my very obnoxious alarm and dragged myself out of bed, walking out onto the balcony. "It's a good day to surf," I said to myself as I looked upon the crashing waves.

I walked back inside and washed my face, looking over my facial features in the mirror. I threw on some Hollister jeans and my Nike skate shoes, along with a black v-neck.

Maybe Cam will wanna come surfing with me later, I'll have to ask him.

"Mornin' Gram," I smiled, plopping down on one of the bar stools and eating a banana; natures pancakes.

"Hey Hun," she replied, sipping her coffee and flipping her newspaper page.

I said my goodbyes to Gram and Max and walked outside to get my board, soon taking off through the warm, California sun.

"Hey Jay!" Mahogany practically yelled from the other side of campus. I waved and sent her a smile.

I walked into the building and was once again, greeted by many people. "Hey Nash," I said to him as he walked past me.

"Sup Jay," he greeted, flashing me a smile with those bright blue orbs of his sticking out of his head.

I was pretty close with all the guys, but I'm definitely closest to Cam. What can I say? Cam's my best friend.

I don't know why but I'm so drawn to him, he just understands me and knows what to say. He can make me laugh when I don't even want to smile and I love him for that.

"Hey," I heard. I turned around and saw Jack Gilinsky leaning against my locker, great.

"Hi," I answered with a closed mouth smile.

Let me get this straight; I have none, zero, zip feelings for Jack, but he's liked me since freshman year and he can't seem to comprehend the fact that I'm uninterested.

"Hey Jay," I heard again, turning in the other direction and seeing Cameron walking up to me.

"Hey Cam," I smiled, wrapping my arms around his torso in a hug. He gives the best hugs, he holds you tight and makes you feel so secure.

"Jack," Cam said, giving Jack a small nod as he wrapped his arms around me.

"Cameron," Jack said, giving Cam a nod and obviously trying to keep the glare off of his face.

Cam and I walked into first period and took our seats, trying to get away from the awkward silence and presence of the jealous Jack.

"Jay?"

"Hm?" I asked, turning my attention towards Cameron, who seemed a little on edge.

"Does Jack like you?" He asked, his jaw slightly clenched. I nodded and looked into his big brown eyes, which were filled with jealousy.

"Cam?" I asked, putting my hand on his, watching as his muscles relaxed and he let out a deep exhale. "Are you okay?" I asked, receiving a nod that was obviously fake.

Mrs. Summons entered the room, ceasing our conversation, well my conversation and his tense body language.

First period flew by and I walked into the hallway. Cameron didn't talk all period and I think the fact that Jack had a thing for me really bugged him.

I wrapped my arms around Cam's neck and gave him the tightest hug possible. "I'm sorry, it just pissed me off," he mumbled into my hair.

"Why?" I asked with a confused expression, not that he could see it though.