Part 5

Tuesday, August 25th // Cameron's POV

Jay and I have gotten really close in a really short amount of time, and I'm hoping she can trust me, because I want to be there for her.

I did my usual morning routine and ran downstairs for breakfast. "Hey mom," I said, grabbing an orange from the acrylic bowl that sat amongst the counter top.

"Hey Hun," she returned with a smile. "How was last night?" She asked.

My mom and I are very close and I tell her everything. She gives good advice and always leads me down the right path, even if it seems like the wrong one.

"Great," I admitted, smiling at the thought of Jay. "See you later mom," I added, kissing her cheek and running out the door.

I dropped my board on the asphalt and kicked off into the direction of school. It was only a five minute ride so I was there in no time.

I kicked my board up and walked into the building, then to my locker, where I stuffed my board in there again, only to see Jay doing the same thing.

She looked really cute today, in her cute little Nike attire.  That's one thing I like about her, she doesn't care what people think.

Other girls at this school literally come here, breaking their ankles, in Stilettos, but Jay comes in sneakers.

"Hey," I said with a smile as I walked over to her locker and casually leaned up against it.

"Hey," she replied with a grin. She shut her locker and headed into our first period, with me trailing behind.

First period was really boring, all we did was annotate passages and think of how bored we were, but hey, I got to look at the cutest girl all class period.

"Alright, see you at lunch," I said to Jay before wrapping my arms around her in a small hug.

"Okay," she said back, blushing slightly, then pulling away. When she let go I couldn't help but notice Jack looking my way with a glare on his face. Smirking, I made my way to second period, took my usual seat and was automatically pulled into a daydream.

Mr. bell, the math teacher, was teaching us how to graph slopes, giving us tons of worksheets in the process.

I couldn't focus and I knew I would need some help on these, maybe Jay could help me after school, she has this class third period.

I waited until second and third finally ended, which seemed to take forever, and walked down to the cafeteria with Nash and Matt.

I took my place in line and looked at the menu for today, which consisted of coleslaw, barbecue and corn on the cob, the corn didn't even look yellow, how appetizing. 

"Thank you," I said to lunch lady, who returned with a genuine smile.  That makes me wonder why such a sweet lady got stuck with such an unfortunate job.

I walked over to Jay's table and took a seat across from the beauty herself, only to witness Jack, yet again, trying to flirt with her. 

"Hey Jay," I said, catching her and Jack's attention.  She smiled at me and took a bite out of her apple, while Jack on the other hand just glared at me, again.

"Aye Gilinsky, come here," I heard someone say from another table, causing him to stand up and walk away.

I took this opportunity to confront Jay about the math work.  If I asked her in front of Jack there would have been an issue, even though there obviously already is one.

"Jay, did you understand the math work? Because I'm really confused," I asked with a look of defeat, moving my tray across the table and sitting next to her.