"Your referring to the matter about the King's Assassin are you not?"

"Of course. It is after all something that we will come up in conversation with Sang, and we need to be prepared for it once it does."

He remains silent thinking over Sean's word, wanting to believe everything he has spoken, but from previous experience, he knows all to well what women think of him, and find it hard to believe that someone as good as Miss Sorenson is would come to love him as much as he was falling for her.

The sound of laughter cuts through his thoughts and he glances up towards the door to see the remaining five guards coming through the door. Owen waits for them all to take a seat before starting the meeting.

"Mr Lee, have you parchment and quill ready for the meeting?" Mr Lee puts down the supplies on the table before long his way.

"Ready when you are Captain."

Owen looks to Sean who raises both eyebrows at him, reminding him of their earlier conversation. "Mr Lee, Kota, please address me as Owen tonight, we are after all talking tonight on a personal matter and all formalities are not needed."

There is complete silence for a moment before a ghost of a smile grace his family's lips, knowing he did the right thing. "As you wish Owen."

Clearing his throat, Owen sits back in his chair and looks to Kota first. "Before we get to the heart of the matter, is there anything that we all should be made aware of?"

"Everything on my end is good. My mother and younger sister are doing well, no news of my father have been heard. Mother is still working as a nurse at the local doctors clinic and Jessica is attending school, receiving excellent grades as well."

Owen nods before turning to Nathan. "Nathan?"

"My father is still pressuring me to marry Lady Katherine and once again take my spot as heir to his estate. I keep refusing his demands, but if the king gets involved I'm not sure what I am to do."

Victor lays a hand on Nathans shoulder in a comforting matter. "Don't worry my friend, I will deal with my father. You just continue to refuse and I'll make sure my father stays out of it. The worst that can happen is I may have to send you out on a mission, but by the time that happens the competition will be finished, and we all shall be able to accompany you."

Nathan smiles back at Victor and replies with a small thank you. Owen nodded at the two, leaving it up two the two of them to sort it out, knowing they will come to him if they require any more assistance.

"Gabriel?"

"Not much has changed, my stepmother is still with that brute, and continues to use her money. If it gets any worse I will intervene and make the dickhead leave." Gabriel's stepmother was a good woman, but has just been dealt with a string of bad luck, and bad man. When Gabriel's father died, she still kept him, looked after Gabriel even when she had no obligation to do so. For that we all watch over her making sure she doesn't continue to repeat her past mistakes.

"Very well. If anything does change, make sure to notify one of us, you do not have to handle this alone." Owen makes a point to stare right at Gabriel to know he was serious. Owen turned his gaze to the next person Victor. "Victor how goes it with you?"

"The usual Owen. My father is a dictating tyrant. My mother is just as useless, and worships the ground my brother walks on. There really isn't much that can be done at the moment, the only thing I can do is make sure my brother doesn't take the throne."

"I'm sorry Victor, if your father was anyone else, we would have been able to help you, but being the king..."

"I know Owen, I know. An opportunity will arise, it usually does."