We'll always be together

-Avery's POV

"Well good luck babe and I hope nothing bad happens." I said as I put my arms around Louis. I felt him arms wrap tightly around my waist. His breath was on my neck, I could feel it through my hair.

"I promise everything will be okay, I'll make sure of it." he said as he planted a small kiss upon my lips and then pulled away. "I love you Avery Ann Porter."

"I love you beyond infinity." I said. He started walking towards his car and I automatically felt empty inside. I wanted to be with him always, but I knew my wishes didn't always come true. I got in my car and headed home, hoping dad was still there and sober.

When I pulled in the driveway I quickly got inside eager to talk to dad. I set my things down in the entry way and walked to the kitchen.

"Hey sweetheart. How was your day at school?" my father said. I instantly felt more relaxed when I saw him drinking coffee and reading the newspaper. I joined him at the table and poured myself some coffee.

"It was alright I guess. Nothing to exciting, getting ready for first semester finals." I said before I took a sip of the sweet coffee.

"Well something must be wrong. You look like something is bothering you." he said as he placed his hand on mine. "You can talk to me if you want."

"Well, I guess there is something on my mind but it's not anything big, I don't think at least." I started to explain. "Louis's parents are trying to control him and he hares that. They think I'm holding him back from achieving his goals. When he begins being happy and loving life they step in and take him somewhere else." I said, I fought back the tears as my dad gave my hand a gentle squeeze.

"Is that what they are trying to do now?" he asked curiously looking at me with caring emotion.

"Yes, they want to take him somewhere else, away from me. The thing is...well...we're in love and they don't get that." I said as a tear fell down my cheek. I felt my dad's hand leave mine and when I opened my eyes he was cupping my face. He wiped my tear away and I leaned more into his hand. I was so happy to have him back, I had no idea how I would've lived without my dad. If it weren't for Louis I probably wouldn't have lived at all.

"Well it sounds to me like everything will be just fine if he can handle his own family. He needs to get things straight with them, make them understand." he said as he got up from the table.

"That's what he did this morning. Tonight he was going home to face their wrath." I said as I got up and dumped the last of my coffee in the sink.

"Well I'm sure you have nothing to worry about." he said as he grabbed his phone off the table. "What do you say we order Chinese for dinner tonight and watch a movie."

"That sounds great dad, I would love it." I said smiling at him as I grabbed my things off the floor.

"Alright it's a plan. Go do what you need to get done and I'll have the food here around six o'clock." he said. I nodded and headed upstairs to my room to get some work done. I checked my phone as I sat down at my desk, hoping Louis had sent a text but I had no messages. I guess I would have to wait.

-Louis's POV

I walked in the door and no one was around. Both my parents were still gone which meant I had half an hour to get things together. I decided I would pack a bag just in case things go wrong. If they tried taking me away, I was gonna run. They can't take me away from Avery. I packed everything I would need and when I finished I heard the front door shut.

"Well he must be here because his car is out there." I heard my mother say. I opened my door quietly and made my way to the family room. My father was sitting on the couch and my mom was in the recliner. "See I told you he was here." She said to my dad who didn't look happy with her. He glared at her and I couldn't take it any longer.