Confronting

-Louis's POV

I walked up the front steps as quietly as possible so I wouldn't wake my parents. I slowly opened the door and walked in, making sure it latched quietly before I bolted for my room. I would face them in the morning, because right now I was to tired to argue with them. I got to my room and locked my door behind me. I set my bag on the floor and plopped down on nh bed. Avery, she's all I can think about. I grab my phone and begin to text her, let her know I made it home safe.

'Hey babe. I made it here safe, but I miss you already. I know you're probably asleep but I wanted to tell you I love you with all my heart. See you tomorrow. XX.'

Before I put my phone away I sent Harry a text, updating him on what was going on. Harry knew everything that I have been through with my parents, he's like a brother to me.

'Hey lad. I'm at my house now, I will talk to my parents in the morning. Just thought I'd let you know where I'm at just in case I am missing.'

I set my phone on my dresser and laid back down. I hope my parents will hear me out. I drifted off to sleep, with thoughts of what was going to happen, in my head.

-Harry's POV

As I read the text from Louis I was in shock. I had no idea he was going to go back home, I had a bad feeling about this whole situation. As I read it over and over again, I had spaced out and was caught by a surprise when I felt hands running up my upper thighs.

"Harry darling, what's wrong?" Vivian asked as she made a worried face.

"It's nothing babe don't worry." I said as I set my phone down and reached for her.

"Ok if you say so." she obliged and crawled on top of me. "I just worry to much."

"Well maybe we should change that." I said as I took her mouth to mine. I was one of the luckiest guys on earth. Now only if Louis could be too. I wrapped my arms tighter around Vivian as she fell asleep.

-Avery's POV

I woke up to a familiar smell that had me uneasy. Why was the scent of coffee in the house, I was the only one who drank it. Then reality hit me, dad was home, it was him.

I got op and showered quickly and got dressed. I grabbed my phone to see if Louis had texted me last night. Sure enough I had a message from him.

'Goodmorning sunshine :-)' I sent him, hoping he would reply. I grabbed my comfy pants and a loose shirt for the day. I put on my gray TOMS and went downstairs.

"Good morning sweetheart." my dad said. I looked up at him and it was like I was seeing the dad I used to know, the one who wasn't always sad and depressed.

I smiled at him as I grabbed a mug. "Good morning dad." I said as I poured myself some coffee.

My dad gave me a confused look as I took a drink and sat down at the table. "I didn't know you drank coffee now." he said.

"I started officially drinking it every morning after you left. I know I never used to drink it all the time." I said as he sat down at the table with me.

"Oh. I didn't realize I was gone for so long." he said as he looked into his mug. "I really am sorry for everything I put you through for the past year."

"You were gone for awhile dad. If it wasn't for Louis, the boys, and Vivian I don't know where I would be." I said as I reached for his hand. I glanced at his watched and realized it was time to go. "Well I have to get to school or I'm gonna be late."

"Alright, go then and I will see you tonight." he said as I grabbed my bag and headed for the door.

"You're going to be alright without me right?" I asked. I must've looked worried because he quickly reached for me and pulled me into a hug.

"I will be just fine don't worry." he said, hugging me tighter. I gave him a kiss on the cheek and headed for the door. I got in my car and immediately checked my phone. I hadn't heard from Louis yet and he was starting to worry me. I shrugged it off and headed for school, hoping he'll be there.

-Louis's POV

I was surprised my parents hadn't heard me yet. I could hear the telly in the family room so I knew they were awake. I had been up for about half an hour and I was already ready for the day. I grabbed my bag and opened my door quietly. Once I was out I slammed it shut making sure they heard me.

"Louis?" I heard my mum say. She came around the corner and looked down my hallway where I was standing. "Oh Louis darling we were so worried!" she said as she hurried towards me. I held out my hand to stop her and she stood still looking confused.

"I don't think so." I began to say as I saw my dad come around the corner. "I need you two to hear me out. I'm eighteen and deserve to be treated right. You guys never let me make my own decisions, you just take action yourselves and drag me along with you not caring how it affects me." I said as I began walking past my mum to the front door. "I'm done with the moving around. You've never wanted what's right for me, it's always about you two, all the time! So from now on I make my own decisions and I don't care what you think."

"Son.." my father began to say when I cut him off.

"Don't! I am in love and I'm not leaving her. I love this place, all my old friends are here, Avery is here, and I plan in staying here even if you guys decide to leave." I said as I walked out the door. I shut it behind me and headed for my car. It felt good to finally stand up to them. I checked my phone and realized I had missed Avery's text.

'Don't worry love, I'm on my way. XX. :-)' I replied. I drove away from the house feeling confident and happy. Now I had to see how they react to it, and this will probably not be good.

I pulled into the parking lot and found a spot next to Avery. She was still sitting in her car and when I knocked on her window she jumped, frightened.

I opened her door and smiled at her. "Hello love." I said to her as I leaned down and gave her a quick kiss. She pulled away and looked down a her hand covering her arm. "What's going on Avery?" I asked being genuinely concerned.

"I didn't cover them up today." she said as she moved her hand. The scars were covering her forearms, even though they were faded a little you could still see them.

"You are beautiful." I said and she smiled as she got out of her car.

"So how did everything go with your parents?" she asked as we made our way to the building.

"Uhh actually I don't really know. I told them how things were going to be from now on. I told them I was in love and I wasn't leaving you, so if they left I wasn't going with them. Then I just walked out the door. You should've saw their faces, they couldn't believe I was standing up for myself." I said as we put our things in our lockers.

"That's interesting! It sounds like everything will be alright." she said as she leaned into me as we walked to class.

"I guess I'll find out when I get home." I said and I leaned down and planted a kiss on her forehead. I was eager to find out what was going to happen buy right now I had Avery and she's all I needed.