Welcome Home Dad.

-Avery's POV

Well today's the day, time went by fast. I made sure everything is all picked up and clean, I even got rid of all the alcohol in the house. I grabbed my things and ran to the car where Louis was waiting for me. I threw my things in the back seat and started towards school. Louis probably noticed how nervous and tense I was, he reached over and put his hand on my thigh. I relaxed against his touch, he knew how to keep me calm. We pulled in the parking lot and I saw Vivian and Harry across the lot.

I lowered my head and closed my eyes. Everything was going to be okay tonight, it had to be. I felt Louis lean over the barrier between us and suddenly I felt his warm breath against my neck. I got instant chills and smiled at the feeling.

"It's going to okay love, trust me." he said, giving me a reassuring smile.

"I know. It's just that I'm worried that he's not going to be better and he'll just go back to his old habits." I said, faking a smile for him.

"Well how about we don't talk about this and just enjoy this beautiful day love." I nodded my head yes and we started towards the school. Harry and Vivian were waiting at the entrance. Vivian smiled at me as she grabbed my hand and we walked inside.

"How are you doing?" she asked being very concerned.

"Well...dad is coming home tonight." I stated.

"What? You didn't tell me this." she said as I surprised her with the news.

"Ya I didn't want to think or even talk about it. Anyways I have to face him and hope for the best." I said, giving her a smile.

"It'll be just fine I'm sure." she said before spotting Harry and Louis coming towards us. "I'll see you in class." she said as she met Harry.

I grabbed my books and turned to see Louis waiting for me. The way he was just standing there through me off guard. I snapped back to reality and joined him as we walked to class. The morning buzzed by quickly and everyone was trying to take my mind off of what tonight was, but I couldn't help but think of it. Louis seemed worried everytime I would start drifting off into my thoughts.

The afternoon went by slower than this morning but not to slow. When the final bell rang I went to my locker and grabbed my things. I was so distracted I ignored the fact that Louis was standing there. I walked right past him and headed toward the door.

"Avery?!" I heard behind me. I realized Louis was the one talking to me. "Babe are you alright?" he asked as he caught up to me, taking me in his arms.

"Ya...I'm ok, just distracted." I said as we walked to the car.

"Well get undistracted." he said, leaning down and kissing me on my head. I smiled at his affection, he was perfect.

"Bye Avery!" I heard Vivian yell. I waved in her direction and got in the car. Louis and I rode in silence as we went back to my house. When we got there I felt a lump forming in my throat. We got out of the car and went inside. When Louis went upstairs I shut the door and skid down to the ground and began crying. I pulled my knees up to my chest and hid my face.

I was surrounded by all these pictures showing a happy family and now it was nothing. I wanted that life back, I didn't want to cry all the time, I wanted Louis with me all the time. I wanted him to know my mom and my 'old' dad. He would've loved my parents, the ones I loved.

I heard footsteps coming down the stairs but I didn't move from my position. They got quicker and then I felt hands pulling me into an embrace. I took a deep breath, took in his scent. That calone he wore was like a drug.