Forever

They next day Natsu was determined to talk to Gray about all of this. But the blasted ice wizard was no where to be found.

When he returned home after giving up on searching and asking around, he saw a slip of paper on there bed.

Natsu we need to talk it's important. Meet me by the river at dusk.
-Gray

Now Natsu was horrified. Gray was going to end it.  They're beautiful relationship, at least Natsu thought so. What had he done wrong. Natsu thought long and hard about  if he had said or done  anything offensive. But he couldn't think of anything. He remembered they're first kiss.

Gray was in the hospital after a nasty accident on a mission. They said he was most likely going to pull through but Natsu never left his bedside. One night he let his feelings get the best of him and laid a soft gentle kiss on Gray's lips. Little did he know Gray was awake and put his hand on the back of Natsu's head and pulled him down for more. Natsu was surprised at first but didn't pull away. Once Gray was out of the hospital they would meet up to go "train" or "fight" when really going out to do other things. (You can take that the wrong or right way).

Natsu missed the first weeks when they were seeing each other. Everything so heated and nervous. Eventually they did tell the guild and they were all happy for them. There displays of affections became the norm. Natsu missed it so much.

•       •        •

It was evening now and Natsu had prepared himself for the worst.  He wanted Gray to be happy and if that meant not being with him so be it. That just really hurt. Natsu headed to the river and saw Gray's silloette. He was gazing out at the water.

Natsu walked over and had to stop himself from the habit of bringing him in a kiss. Those days are over, he told himself as he cleared his throat.

"Natsu! Uh hi" Gray said rubbing his neck.

Natsu closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

"Just tell me quick. You don't have to explain--if you want to leave that's ok as long as your happy..." Natsu was in a failing attempt to hold back tears. "Just know that...I...I love you Gray. " 

Gray was in utter shock "Natsu..." He breathed. "Baby I'm so sorry, that's what you thought was going on?" He held Natsu in a tight embrace.  He petted Natsu's hair. "I love you too Natsu. Goddamit I love you so much" Gray pulled away and the wear tears at the edge of his eyes. "The reason I was away from you was because-well, I needed advice...."

"Advice? On what?" Natsu asked wiping his eyes.  Gray just smiled.

The dark haired then lowered himself down on one knee and pulled out a box.

"Natsu would you be willing to spend the rest of our lives together?"

Gray was shaking with fear. He never thought he'd be so nervous in his life.

Natsu stood there in shock for a moment, gazing down at the one person he loved more than life itself, the person he thought he was going to loose, was right here asking to be with him forever.

He threw himself at Gray.  Landing on top of them smashing there lips together. He didn't bother to hold back tears this time.

"Gray--oh god Gray, I love you I love you" he was choking out words not even sure what he was saying at this point. Gray just laughed. 

Natsu wrapped his arms and his legs around Gray refusing to let go.

Everything still seemed fuzzy. It all happened so fast.  And apparently Gray had asked Erza to see if Natsu was disgusted with the idea of marriage or anything like that.

They both laid together gazing at the stars. Gray petted Natsu's hair. And the too couldn't be happier.

Little did they know a certain orange haired celestial spirit was watching and immensely furious. He was going to make Natsu his.