thirteen

Danielle

I got a really bad chill. I get it when something's wrong. Then I saw a picture of Sammie and I while we were at the pool,

I took it as a sign that something was wrong with her. I picked up my phone and called Liam. He answered on the fifth ring.

"Hey, Danielle. What's up?" He asked. "Where's Sammie?" I asked quickly. "She's swimming." He answered.

"Oh my god! Liam! She can't swim! Are you sure?! Is her head above water? Why is she swimming?! She's pregnant! No swimming!"

I said and asked in one breath. "Let me see Danielle...Louis! Is Sammie okay?...Oh god. Danielle I have to go meet us at the hospital! Now!"

He hung up. I called my boss on the way to the airport and he said I could stay for two days then I'd have to get back to work.

Louis

When Liam asked me if Sammie was okay I turned around to see her underwater. She wasn't moving. I ran and jumped into the pool.

I opened my eyes to see hers wide open. She still didn't move. I pulled her arm and brought her up with some help from Niall and Zayn.

I coughed from being underwater so long. I seen Liam hang up and call someone else. Not 5 minutes later an ambulance showed up.

"Louis go with her." Liam said calmly trying not to fall apart. I nodded and got in. "Are you family?" a medic asked.

"I'm the babies father and her fiancé." I answered. They nodded and let me in. About ten minutes later they wheeled her into the E.R because she had water in her lungs.

I was told I had wait in the waiting room with everyone else. Liam had brought me a dark blue and white stripe shirt.

I put it on and sat down. I cried a bit.

Liam

I knew Danielle was here when I heard her crying as the noise got closer. I pulled her into a hug and just held her.

"If you didn't call I don't know what would've happened, Dani." I said as we sat down. We sat there for a good couple minutes until the doctor came.

"I have good news and bad news." He said. Louis stood up and said, "What's the bad news?" The doctor sighed and said,

"There's a chance that Miss Payne will not wake up. The good news, it depends on what you wanted that we can give Miss Payne a C-Section to get the baby out and he will be healthy."

Louis' eyes pricked with tears, scatch that he burst out crying. "Please. Is there any chance both of them will survive?"

Zayn asked. He was probably closer to her than everyone besides Louis. The doctor nodded and Louis wiped away his tears.

"You can see her right now while we're preparing for surgery. You can talk to her but there's no guarantee that she can't hear you.

It's worth a shot." He added in. "Lou you can go first." I said to him. He looked at me and said, "Thanks Lee."

I nodded as he followed the doctor.

Sammie

The last thing I remember is falling into the pool and now I think I'm dead because I'm hearing voices. "Babe, please wake up."

Louis voice said. I tried to open my eyes but I couldn't. I couldn't move. "The doctor said that you might be able to hear me so Sammie, I love you.

I love you with all of my heart, and so much more. They're going to give you a C-Section because the baby could pass if you don't wake up.

I really miss you. Even though you're right in front of me. On tour you're all I could think about. I had dreams where you would forgive me then we'd get married and have a family together."

I heard a sniffle. I also heard a door open and someone said, "It's time. You have to leave sir. Don't worry.

You're son will be fine." What's wrong with my baby? I tried to move but I couldn't. Suddenly I felt sleepy.

Louis

About three hours later I was holding him. My baby boy. I held on to him for dear life because he could be all I have left.

I started to sing to him Sammie's favorite song,

The day we met,
Frozen I held my breath
Right from the start
I knew that I'd found a home for my heart...
... beats fast
Colors and promises
How to be brave?
How can I love when I'm afraid to fall?
But watching you stand alone
All of my doubt suddenly goes away somehow

One step closer

I have died everyday waiting for you
Darling don't be afraid I have loved you
For a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more

Time stands still
Beauty in all she is
I will be brave
I will not let anything take away
What's standing in front of me
Every breath
Every hour has come to this

One step closer

I have died everyday waiting for you
Darling don't be afraid I have loved you
For a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more

And all along I believed I would find you
Time has brought your heart to me
I have loved you for a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more...

One step closer

I have died everyday waiting for you
Darling don't be afraid I have loved you
For a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more

And all along I believed I would find you
Time has brought your heart to me
I have loved you for a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more

By the time I was finished I had tears running down my cheeks. I looked at my baby boy. He has Sammie's eyes and my brown hair.

I've seen a lot of babies but, he is the most beautiful baby I've ever seen. "Sir, I need to know what the baby's' name is."

A nurse said to me. "One moment. She told her brother what she wanted to name him. Let me call him real quick. "

She nodded and walked away. I called Liam, "Hey Liam, what did Sammie want to name her first child? She said she wanted to name this one the same, I just can't remember. I remember that his first name would be Brandon,

I don't know his middle name and his last name is Tomlinson." I said in one breath. He chuckled and said,

"Louis. His middle name is Louis." Then he hung up. About ten minutes later the nurse came back with a baby bracelet and a pen.

"Name?" She asked nicely. "Brandon Louis Tomlinson." I said. "Spell Tomlinson." She said. I held back the urge to roll my eyes as I said,

"T-o-m-l-i-n-s-o-n." Then she put it on Brandon's foot. "Sir, I have to take him now." She said. She had sadness in her eyes.

I kissed his head and gave him to her. Then I walked back out and into the waiting room. "Is the baby okay?"

Everyone asked. I smiled as I thought of my son. "Yeah. Brandon Louis Tomlinson is fine." I said looking at everyone.

They smiled back but then looked behind me and it faded. I turned around to face the doctor. "Is she okay"

I asked him looking at him with my big blue eyes. "She's-"

{edited}