24. He Likes You.

Start from the beginning

"Is this Michael's way of telling me not to punch him on his face the next time I see him?" I crossed my arms against my chest and leaned against the door frame.

"No, it's his way of saying sorry for being late." He chuckled and moved the flowers away from his face. Michael.

I pushed myself away from the wall with wide eyes. "What are you doing here? I thought you weren't coming."

"I wouldn't miss this for the world." He grinned.

"Then what about the note? It said.." He cut me off. "Yeah, I know. There was a slight.." He scratched the back of his neck. "Confusion. Now everything has been taken care of. I hope you accept this as my apology."

He handed me the heavy basket and I almost dropped it. How did he hold that for so long? He chuckled and held one side of the basket. We carefully placed it on the table. I inhaled the fragrant white petals. "These are lovely."

"So are you", he said.

"What?" My head whipped to his direction.

He pointed his hand up and down my body with a smile. "You are beautiful. Like always."

"Thanks." I muttered and turned away. Compliments always made me uncomfortable. Especially the ones about my appearance. I wish people never see the exterior of something as beauty. A lot of people could have a better life if it weren't for the judgemental eyes.

Michael cleared his throat, making me come out of my trance. "Shall we leave?"

"Yeah." I nodded. "Just a second, I'll call Sam." I climbed half the stairs and shouted for her to come down. I walked back to the sofa next to Michael and sat on it. Michael had his gaze set on the floor. He seemed to be thinking about something, something happy I guess. The genuine faint smile on his lips was a rare exhibition.

Loud laughter and footsteps echoed in the silent hall. Sam and Daniel climbed down the stairs, playfully shoving each other.

"Woah, what's going on here? I didn't know you both could tolerate each other so much." Michael smirked.

The duo stopped laughing and stared at him. "Look who has finally come down to planet Earth!" Daniel chirped and clapped his hands in fake enthusiasm.

Michael rolled his eyes. "Have I really been so blind? Never thought you two love birds would be so fast." He chuckled and punched Daniel's arm lightly.

"What?!" Daniel and Sam shrieked in unison.

Michael narrowed his eyes suspiciously. "You two are going on a date, aren't you?"

"No!" They both screamed together again, making me laugh.

"Then where are you both heading to?" Michael blinked.

"Do you need to see a doctor?" Sam placed her hands on both sides of his head and stared at him.

"No, the injuries have healed. Why do you ask?"

"Because I think you suffer from a severe case of amnesia!" She pulled his hair and shook his head violently.

"Ow!! What the hell are you doing Sam?" Michael screamed in pain and pushed her hand away from him. He rubbed his head with his hand.

"Making you remember you dumbo. We're all supposed to go out now aren't we?"

"Ooh." Michael drawled like he finally understood what was going on. "We're all going together?" He asked it like a question and stared at me.