Lies Of Omission •

Everything seemed to go wrong after they found Liam and Hayden. The pack was slowly breaking and everyone was going their one way.

Kelsey was with Hayden and Liam all the time, not wanting to let anything bad happen to them again.

There were no new chimeras, and the Dread Doctors didn't seem to be anywhere around. But she felt the need to ask her dad about them, maybe the man knew something. Just like her mother did.

So when she came home and saw her dad already there, she took the opportunity to sat down and talk to him.

"Dad? Can I ask you something?"

"Yeah, sweetie. What is it?" the deputy asked.

"Remember the stories mom used to tell me when I was little? Do you believe any of them are true? Because I do, actually, I think all of them are." she didn't know how to tell her father that everything his wife said was real. She was scared he would thought she was crazy or something like that.

Sighing the man answered "What do you know?" and in that moment, Kelsey realized her father knew more than she thought.

"Everything. I know about the Dread Doctors, about werewolfs, chimeras, banshees, a guy named Valack-"

"What do you know about Valack?" her father asked.

"Just that he knew mom. Why?" If the man asked about him, she knew there was something more about him that what the pack knew.

"We went to school together. All of us. Your mom, Valack and I. He was obsessed with the supernatural and everyone made fun of him. Everyone except your mother, she befriended him, she talked to him. And she believed him. He told her all the stories that she then told you. And there was one in particular that got her attention the most. It was Valack's favorite. The one about the Dread Doctors and their successful chimera. He called it 'The Beast'. But then, when we grew up, he went insane. He wrote a book, and gave it to your mother, he made a few more copies and after that he was locked up on Eichen House. Your mother visited him a few times before you were born, but then she stopped going. All the missing children, the holes we find. It all makes sense now. But why are you asking? What do you know?" he was worried about his daughter, if the Doctors were here, he was scared they would do something to her.

"Because they're here. My friend Hayden, Clarke's sister, she's a chimera. One of their experiments. They took her and Liam the other night, but they're fine now. Also, Liam, he's a werewolf. But he's not an experiment, he's just a normal werewolf. And we don't know what they're next move is. They're just turning teenagers into chimeras, and then they kill them. It's insane. All of it." The girl was glad she could tell her father about it. They never had secrets with each other, and she didn't wanted to start now.

"As much as I would love you to stay out of it, I know that you care enough about your friends to not do it. So please, be careful. I can't loose you too." the man finished with a hug. They both wanted to keep the other safe, but with all the things that were happening, they didn't know how.
--------------------------------------------
"Maybe we should talk, you know? About what happened the other night?" Liam said when he found Kelsey in her way to class.

"I don't think it's a good idea to talk now Liam. Not with all that's going on." the girl replied with a small smile.

"Fine. Don't talk then, just listen. I like you, Kels. A lot. And I know it's not good timing because a lot of things are going on. But when in this town is good timing? Never. So I just have one question for you, actually two. After all this is over, or maybe when things get a little better, will you go out with me? Like in a date? And did you like it? The kiss?" the Dunbar boy said really fast. Truth was, he always got so nervous when it came to talk to her.