1// Over Dramatic Much?

I HAVE MADE A NEW, EDITED VERSION OF THIS BOOK WITH A NEW TITLE CALLED "Forever Bound" PLEASE GO CHECK THAT ONE OUT INSTEAD, ALL OF THE CHAPTERS HAVE ALREADY BEEN POSTED ❤️❤️

Chapter One // Over Dramatic Much?

• • •

• • •

Erin

I slowly closed my bedroom door behind me before collapsing to the floor. I clutched my cheek with a grimace, waiting for the painful sting to subside. Once the pain had numbed to an odd prickling sensation, I reached out and grabbed the first aid kit I intentionally left close to the door.

As I treated my injuries caused from my latest beating, my exhaustion swept over me like a wave. I barely had time to close the first aid kit before a familiar cloud of darkness effortlessly overtook my senses and I faded away into unconsciousness.

• • •

       I woke with a start as my alarm clock rung redundantly from across the room. Shoving myself to my feet as quickly as possible, I pulled the cord to my alarm clock out of the wall before it disturbed my father's sleep.

       If all went well, I could be out the door with his breakfast made before he starts his day.

       Once my daily morning routine was completed, and my father's breakfast was made, I slung my backpack over my shoulders and began my long walk to school; dreading every step that took me closer to that living cliché.

       Westwood High is basically run by Nicole Westwood: a catty, patronizing, pompous teenage nightmare who can get away with nearly anything she wants since her mother is the principal. Although, Nicole isn't the only reason why school is just as miserable for me as my home. Constantly by her side -- picking on me whenever instructed, is Odette and Zahra: Nicole's remaining two thirds of her stereotypical "mean girl" posse.

       Some days (if I'm lucky enough) I can make it to first period without being seen by Nicole and her posse, but unfortunately for me, today was obviously not one of those days which I quickly realized as I maneuvered through the hall.

       "Hey! Watch where you're going, loser" snapped a cackling Nicole as she rammed into my side, causing my stack of books to crash to the floor.     I picked up my books Nicole had mercilessly knocked to the ground and turned to walk the other way. Last night's beating took enough out of me, I didn't have the energy to put up with Nicole's tormenting this morning.

       "Excuse me? I think Nicole was speaking to you" one of Nicole's minions, Odette snapped; grabbing my shoulder and forcing me to turn and face the three girls.