Chapter 8

Realizing that she wasn't totally against being here with him, Rajveer relaxes and smiles at her innocence. As a gesture of apology for his prior behavior, he grabs her hand and says,

"chalo main tumhe ek cheez dikhata hun!",

and takes her to a pillar.

"Ye kya hai?",

she asks innocently, admiring the beauty of the pillar in front of her eyes, with a smile on her face.

"Naina ye hai 'wishing pillar'. Ye bhi ek reason tha cadets ke yahan aane ka",

he informs her, gazing at the pillar, admiring it's beauty.

Smiling, Naina asks,

"kya such mein yahan mangi gayi wish puri hoti hai?"

Lowering his eyes, Rajveer smiles too,

"Naina main ye nahi janta ki yahan mangi hui wish puri hoti hai ya nahi",

then blushing further, he continues,

"kyunki main... main yahan pehle kabhi aya nahi so...",

he raises his shoulders, as a gesture that he doesn't know if it really turns true or not, what one prays here. Then he looks at her, who is smiling, her eyes twinkling because of him admitting the truth that he hasn't been here before today. It makes her heart to swell.

In an effort to end this awkward conversation, Rajveer clears his throat and asks,

"tum kuch mangna chahogi?"

Naina nods in answer.

"Come!",

saying this he gets on his knees and folds his hands to pray, expecting her to follow the suit.

(Rajveer-Naina slow guitar tune begins in the background)

But when he notices that she is still standing next to him, Rajveer looks up at her and gestures her to get down on her knees, next to him. The blowing wind messes with her hair and duppatta, meanwhile Rajveer prays.

As he ends up praying, he realizes that Naina is still standing next to him and staring him. He looks up at her, her eyes glued to him, smile on her lips. She asks innocently,

"kya manga?"

"Naina wish humesha mangne wale aur dene wale ke beech mein rehni chahiye!"

Then creasing his brows out of surprise, he asks,

"tumne kuch nahi manga?"

Listening to him, Naina turns her face towards the pillar, folding her hands and closing her eyes, she takes her own sweet time to pray.

(Rajveer-Naina slow guitar tune continues in the background)

Meanwhile Rajveer keeps staring her for sometime with a smile on his lips. Then getting up silently, he walks towards a nearby pillar. Resting his right forearm on the pillar, and his left hand tucked inside his jeans' pocket, Rajveer turns to stare her praying, his expressions all serious.

He admires her features silently, her beautiful long hair, in the current messed-up state is making her look even more beautiful. The space between her eyebrows, where he most of the time sees creases, are crease less today. Seeing it that way, he feels relaxed and joyful. Happy, on realizing that it's on his account.

Her closed eyes, he imagines what's hidden there - her beautiful eyes, which he somehow knows always search him when he is not around. Her eyes which shy to meet his eyes, even though he waits for the situation to occur each day, at least for once. She knows it, she understands it very well, yet she tries to avoid it. She tries to show that she is oblivious to what he wants.

Smiling at his thought, Rajveer thinks further, how can he make her understand, how much he craves for it! Is he asking so much? Is it that difficult for her to give him satisfaction of a simple and innocent eye lock?