Chapter 2

He tried to remember what conditions did he at last 'MAKE UP' in his mind.

Well the very first thing that he... if not lied but tried to make it look true was when he said,

"Wahan ke kuch rules hain, kuch conditions hain".

How innocent is Naina for taking his words, as the truth, as real conditions to visit the place. How little does she know about the place! How could he straight away had said that it is a lovers' point rather than any historical place, she is looking forward to.

But the real question is, what was a big deal in telling her the truth? Was he afraid of something? Was he afraid of someone? Oh come on, he is Captain Rajveer Singh Shekhawat, he was never afraid of something or someone. Hold on he 'was' never afraid of someone? When did the 'is' turn to'was'? Sighing, he accepts he is afraid! He is afraid of her 'eyes'! Her 'eyes' which whenever see him, he feels as if they are reading what's hidden deep inside his heart. As if she'll understand what he is trying to hide from her, his true feelings for her.

But the main question still persists, why did he hide the fact about the place? He could have easily said the truth! In fact it would have made his work easier. He knows she wouldn't have agreed to visit this place with him then. He could have easily got his heart's desire. But was it really what his heart desired? Is it really that his heart wants? Was it that he wasn't interested to take Naina to this place or was it that he was afraid? Afraid that the moment she'll come to know about the truth of the place, she'll feel embarrassed for having talked about the place to him. She might even decide that she doesn't want to talk to him at all, out of embarrassment. Does her not talking to him really matters to him?

She keeps giving him trouble for some or the other reason. Had it been someone else, he would have asked him or her by now to stop bothering him for little things. So why is it that he is unable to ask her the same? Doesn't her asking help from him for almost everything annoy him? Or is it that the moments when she doesn't turn up to him for discussing or asking anything, annoys him way more?

Or there is altogether another reason for him not wanting to take her there? Is he afraid of something else altogether? Afraid that the moment they'll reach the place, he might not be able to control his feelings for her any longer. Afraid to even think, what he'll do when he'll be there with her'alone'.

Whatever it is one thing is for sure he won't let her... As he was about to think further, something caught his attention, the chiming of bangles. The moment he looked up to see who is it, as if not quite sure who that could be, his breath hitches. Standing in front of him is, Naina. Not Cadet Naina Singh but Naina!