Chapter 14

This chapter is a lot longer than the other ones, tell me if you like them this length or like them the other way.

Riley's POV 

I felt bad for Isabella because I had some issues at home and wasn't paying any attention to her, but it's not my fault that my parents haven't been acting like proper parents, they started to drink more, not come home for days at a time and it's just starting to get worse. I don't know what to do, I don't want to freak out on anybody which is why I was keeping my distance from anyone that I didn't want to hurt, emotionally or physically. So today I asked her to hang out hoping we could catch up on things, like her and Grayson, I can't believe that a shy, smart girl would go for a guy like Grayson, maybe Ethan but she even said herself she doesn't like attention on her so she'll have to get used to it if she wants to have a relationship with one of the most popular guys, not just in our grade but the whole school even, everyone knows who the Dolan twins are, they even have the girls in older grades going after them, hopefully she can handle it.

I arrive at Isabella's house to pick her up and go out for dinner then to head back to my place to hang out for the night.

"you ready" she asks

"yep"

"so where do you want to eat" I ask

"I don't know, where's your favorite place to eat and we'll go there" she says with a smile

how can she be so nice, it makes me really happy when someone I can relate to and become friends with is just so sweet and caring, man I wish I had more friends like Isabella.

"okay"

We arrive at a little restaurant called "the Edison family restaurant" 

"this place is cute" she says excitedly

"yeah, well the food here is amazing" I say

We head into the restaurant, and are greeted by a man probably in his early 20's that I've never seen working here before, he's kind of cute but I don't say anything because one he's older than me and two he could be some creepy weirdo.

"hello ladies"  he says while staring at Isabella, of course he was looking at her every guy does, it gets annoying sometimes but she's my best friend and I wouldn't ruin our friendship over stupid guys.

"hi, um can we have a table for 2" Isabella says kind of creeped out

"anything for you" he says

Isabella looks at me with terror in her eyes, than all of a sudden Ethan and Grayson walk in, I guess that's good because Isabella saw a became less tense. They walked over to us and Isabella told the waiter,

"um. sorry can we have a table for 4"

The waiter winks at Isabella and takes us to our table, as we are walking I look over at the twins looking disgusted at the waiter. Isabella is getting really creeped out and she's looking like she's not having fun anymore. The waiter seats us at our table and takes our orders while trying to flirt with Isabella, she's not feeling it and everyone can clearly see that except for him, so I step in and say,

"please stop flirting with my friend, you're creeping her out for one, two she's way younger than you and three she already has a boyfriend" 

I see the expression in Grayson and the waiters faces drop, wow this has officially  become officially even more awkward than it was before,  but I couldn't think of anything else to say for him to back off. He says yeah sure and walks away with our orders, Grayson continues to look upset and Ethan doesn't look exactly pleased himself either. Isabella on the other hand was just glad that the guy had left her alone.

Grayson's POV

we arrive at the place that Ethan and I were having dinner at when I see Izzy and her friend, Riley I think it is, Riley and Isabella don't look really happy and then I heard Riley say, 

"actually can we have a table for 4"

I mean I wasn't complaining and I don't think Ethan was either, but I mean me and Izzy have a thing, thanks to Ethan, or well I thought until I heard Riley say,

  "please stop flirting with my friend, you're creeping her out for one, two she's way younger than you and three she already has a boyfriend" 

I could feel my heart kind of break inside, and by kind of, I mean all I wanted to do was leave but stay all at the same time, I thought she liked me, I thought she had fun on our date, I mean it was perfect, well at least I thought it was, but I guess not. I could feel my mood go from 100-0 in a second, why does she mean so much to me, I just wanted to make her happy, so I guess I have to find someone else because I wouldn't want to ruin her relationship and if that guy made her happy than I just have to accept that, but I'm confused her brother told me she couldn't trust people that she had issues with trust, who is she with? Whoever it is I would give anything up to be in his situation, anything.

Isabella's POV   

I was so happy when Riley finally stepped up and said something, but when she said I had a boyfriend I looked at Grayson and he looked disappointed to say the least, I felt bad and wanted o say something but had no clue what to, I mean Grayson should know that if I was going to date anyone it would be him, we went out on the most perfect date and he is so nice he really shouldn't have any doubts, I like him and I think that he likes me, just certain circumstances that have to do with me are stopping myself from trusting him when he truly cares for me.

"so uh, thanks Riley" I say kind of awkwardly trying to break the ice

"uh, yeah" I could tell she felt bad about her saying that while Grayson was there

do you know how hard it was for me to not just yell out I don't have a boyfriend, but it would be so awkward if I said something, what would I say? In the middle of thinking Riley says,

"oh and sorry for saying that you have a boyfriend even though you don't" she said with a look like she read my mind

I can't even thank her enough for clearing the air so I didn't have to, I gave her a thank you so much look and she winked at me knowing exactly what I meant, 

"oh it's okay" I said with a smile

We all started talking just about the most random things, it's so fun hanging out with these people, a little while later the waiter came out with our food still looking embarrassed, I look over at the twins and their faces just kind of dropped when they saw him, he handed us our food and said,

"um, I'm sorry for treating you wrong and your meal and your friends meal will be free tonight" 

"oh, um thank you" I said faking a smile

he walked away and we all started eating and joking around, than Riley said,

"hey, Isabella you should come out to eat with me more often, maybe we'll get another free meal" she joked

everybody started to burst out laughing, I hope that this can become a regular thing where we all hang out, it's so much fun. Throughout the whole dinner I just kept thinking about Grayson, I wanted to be near him, I want so much more than just a friendship with him, I just don't want to hold him back, I even know myself that being in a relationship with me will be hard, I don't want it to be that way I really don't I wish I could just take those years back. After dinner we all start to leave and Riley and I start to head back to her house.