Introduction - The Predator's Gaze

I remember quite vividly the day I first walked through the Stargate and stepped onto Atlantis. The Stargate was a very large ring of strange extra-terrestrial metals. I was told that it was a wormhole that allowed people to travel to different galaxies. It had been a day like no other. I was sixteen. A week before I had accidentally touched and activated an ancient technology that belonged to The Ancients.,I was then asked by a too secret team stationed in another galaxy of I would like to join them on the lost city of Atlantis. I had a special gene that comes from these Ancients that allowed me to activate and use there technology.

The Stargate glowed a brilliant blue, like a pond that was constantly rippling. It was a beautiful sight. I raised my arm and put my hand through it. I remember that it hadn't hurt; I hadn't felt a thing. I withdraw my hand slowly before I had turned around to look back. I recall the electrical buzz of excitement I felt and the quick fear that passed within me. I knew it was to be a one way trip because the energy to power up the Stargate was enormous. I recall the quick smile I flashed at the people in the control room before walking into the wormhole.

Thousands of stars passed by me in a blinding flash. I was in a cylinder of blue that matched the Stargate. It had only taken me few seconds and in a flash I had come out the other side. I closed my eyes before walking out the Stargate. I had fine this to give myself a grand and amazing first impression of the lost city of Atlantis. In all of its spectacular beauty. It was a first impression like no other.

I was in what the called the gate room. People had walked alone and worked on a higher level. A few metres in front of me was glowing stairs. The gigantic room was elegant. I remember being utterly astounded and overwhelmed by its exquisiteness. I grinned like a child. I recall that as an old man of about forty walked down that stairs. I had walked over to greet him when the Stargate closed only to be reactivated. An alarm had started to go off only to be turned off. An electric shield had covered the Stargate and or had been there to prevent any unwelcome visitors. The shield had deactivated and four people walked throughout with why's looked like an alien prisoner at the time. I remember the tallest human had pointed a gun at the alien which was at least a head or two taller than him. At first I though he was human.

I had been so curious of him. This had lead me to my current situation. I was now the same species as him for an important mission for Atlantis. I was pretending to be Queen of his ship as he had no queen. I had done this to help strengthen the alliance between the Wraith of his Hive and Atlantis. They are like bees in the sense that they only have one female per Hive. The wraith way humans to survive and are basically immortal. This was why having me being with him was so important. I was not afraid of the Wraith then and I still do not fear them.

He had looked entirely human to me until I took a closer look at him. I was shocked to say the least. His skin being a slight green and grey in colour. He had a Strang black tattoo on the left side of his face surrounding his eyes. I remembered that my first thought of him was 'Wow, badass'. He wore all black. Including his boots which were
covered by his leather pants. The rest of his body was covered in armour like leather full length coat, which made him look like a warrior. He was ridiculously talk compared to me. This had made me feel tiny. I recall that as he had come closer our eyes had locked. They had been intoxicating and I could have gotten lost in his golden, snake pupiled eyes. Above his eyes he was eyebrow less which at the time I had been extremely amused by this and wondered of he shaved then. I only found out later that his species didn't have eyebrows. He had long tangled hair that went passed his shoulders. What shocked me was that his hair was snow white. I had found that my hands had been itching to brush his hair and untangle or. He had high prominent cheek bones that reminded me of an elf.

Our eyes locked again. When he had reached me. The others had talked to the man that I had forgotten besides me. We continued staring at each other. I hadn't been listening to what the others were saying. I had been to distracted by this magnificent creature before me. I remember the slight strain of having to look up at him because of our cast height difference. He flashed me a from and I couldn't help but smile at him. I'd been slightly shocked when a small growl came from his still skiing face. The gowl hadn't sounded menacing; he was testing me. I decided to be an idiot a ripped out a similar growl. I remember the shocked look on his hadsome astonishing face. I giggled and his eyes narrowed at me before he smiled. Our eyes locked again and I was trapped in the predator's gaze.