Chapter Four

This is the point where things take a turn. First person point of view and I'm already breaking the fourth wall, a little thing I learned from a friend of mine *looks to Wade*

To some people dying is a scary thing. But I'm already dead on the inside, so dying physically wouldn't really be all that different. The only difference would be that I would stop feeling the pain, all my troubles would just drift away. At least that's what I thought, that's what I believed but as I sat there with Wade the fear set in. It was all too real, but there was nothing I could do. I'd made my bed and now I had to sleep in it. Everything crumbled around us and I spent my last moments looking at Wade. We had only met not so long ago, but given the circumstances we had meet under in it seemed easier to make friends then out in the real world. In the facility you needed someone to talk to so you wouldn't go crazy and we were lucky to have been each other's companion and even through our final moments. 

Now, I'll hand you back over to the narrator of my story. 

Our story

Wade, you don't get to break the fourth wall, you had a movie, I get my story.

*******************

Madison awoke with a loud gasp leaving her mouth. She pushed all the debris that was on top of her before moved to her hands and knees. Looking around she was filled with confusion. 'How am I alive?' she wondered. She had no idea how she had survived being burned alive and buried underneath the building that was now nothing but ash. 'Francis didn't say anything to me about being in-fucking-vincible.' she thought. She knelt there for a moment trying to regain herself. She was covered in ash and dirt, though underneath that she was naked. The fire had burned her clothes right off her, though thankfully she had enough dirt to cover her, at least for now. 

Hearing rumbling she turned her head and furrowed her eyebrows. She watched as the rumble moved and up came a figured. "Wade?" she asked in disbelief. She wasn't too far from where they had originally been, but she still moved closer to him, making sure to use her hands as extra coverage. Her eyes landed on his face. She remembered having seen it before 'dying', but only now was she truly taking it all in.

"Madison?" he questioned just as confused as her. "How are you alive?"

"I- I don't know. But I could ask you the same" she nodded.

"I mutated... got the cure to my cancer" he said, gesturing to his appearance as he sat among the rumble. "Seems I got the cure for more than just that" 

Madison's mouth was open slightly as she looked at him, it didn't take her long before it set in. "I held your hand..." she muttered under her breath. Her contact with Wade had meant that she had unwillingly taken on his powers, like she'd done with Angel. 

Wade knew of Madison's mutation having heard her when she was talking to Francis, so when she said those few words he understood just as she did. "I need to learn to freaking control this" she said shaking her head. 

"Or you could just stop molesting people with your hands" Wade said sarcastically.

Madison laughed lightly and shook her head. 

(Fourth Wall Break. Aka FWB) I literally just came back from the dead, freaked out about now having Wade's power and now I'm laughing. My mind was all over the place and as soon as Wade spoke, I was happy again. Has that ever happened to you? You've been stressing over something and one person does or says something that just makes everything better? I sure as hell know that's never happened to me before meeting him (End Of Fourth Wall Break. Aka EOFWB)

There was a moment of silence between the two before Madison spoke. "What now?" she asked, bring her eyes up to look at Wade.

"Well I think we both better find some clothes first" he nodded.