Prologue-Thoughts: The Butcher

'A whole new world, a blank canvas. At first the concept is always clear and new and unadulterated, but as you sketch out the characters you mold the concept-whether novel or artwork-you shape it, break it, and make something new. Just like a baby.

It's funny, in such a cynical way when you create a child. You make a creature that learns how to walk, talk, function. You create a monster that becomes capable of psychotic motives, love, selfishness, hate, altruism. You create a blank canvas that forms an infinite amount of possibilities for itself.

What do you think he was thinking when my father came home and beat the shit out of me? He didn't have a reason for drinking the way I see it. He didn't have a fucking right to leave bruises, swelling, cuts, and wounds on me when he's the fucking bastard that made me in the first place. But you see, he's such a sympathetic being, too heavily relying on every other person that he doesn't have the time to look at himself first.

He relies on me to take his anger out; he relies on his family to love him while he can hate them; he relies on the world to be pitiful towards him. But the one solution that he will never face is himself. He will never be able to look at himself. He will never be able to take on something by himself. And maybe that's why I look at myself in such a morbid way, as such a morbid thing. Maybe that's because I take after him so much, so fucking much that it's sickening.

Sometimes sorrow comes and finds its way towards you, and sometimes it leaves on its own. Sadness visits once in awhile, then later it leaves on its own as happiness comes to the rescue. However, depression is another whole different story. Depression always pays a visit to the best of us does it not? Now depression never leaves, there are times where it becomes bigger and there are times where it becomes smaller. However there are never times of its absence. It heaves you down into a dark abject place of horror. A place that no one, let alone the devil, can get you out of. So to hell I'll ask him. To come and slaughter me. As the cow asks the butcher to come and slaughter it.'

-Sawyer

A/N: The first two chapters might be a little slow and not the best of writing, however it gets better with the third chapter! Thank you for reading and I hope you will continue to like the content.