——————————————————————————————————————————-

    "Mani, can I talk to you?" I asked the raven haired girl while we sat down for lunch. I figured now would be the best time for me to break the news to her about me quitting dance.

    "Sure, Lo," she replied.

    "Okay. Do you think we can go to the library or something? It's kind of important."

    "Um okay?" she said a little confused getting up to follow me to the library.

    "Is this something about Mila, your new girlfriend?" she winked, "Do you need help on deciding what you should do for your next date?" Normani joked once we sat down in the quiet setting.

    "No. It's about dance," I sighed.

    "What about dance?"

    "Well, I've been thinking about this all weekend and didn't want to wait too long for me to tell you," I stated with shaky hands and beads of sweat on my forehead.

    "I think I know what you're going to say," she said making my eyes widen.

    "You do? What do you think I'm going to say?" I asked surprised.

    "I think you're telling me that you're quitting dance," she smirked.

    Whoa did she really just guess what I was going to say? Maybe she already knew. Why was she smirking? I can't tell if she was amused or upset. "Um...yeah that's what it is," I said quietly avoiding eye contact with her. Well, I got that off my chest. "How did you know?"

    "It's so obvious, Lo. You haven't taken dance seriously in years and I know you just want to quit the team so you can join the theater company. Hell, you get so excited when we cancel rehearsal you skip down the hall to the theater so you can sneak in and watch the play rehearsals," Normani explained.

    "I'm sure you would have noticed. I haven't been the best co-captain. I've been a shitty one actually and I really apologize for that, Mani. It's not fair to you, coach or the team. I'm surprised you guys haven't said anything to me or kicked me off the team."

    "Oh, Lauren we couldn't just kick you off the team. We definitely noticed your unprofessional behavior. But at least for me I just knew that it was because you really didn't have the passion for the sport anymore. I knew your behavior wasn't on purpose, you just couldn't seem to dance like you loved it."

    "Are you mad?" I asked still feeling uneasy.

    "No, of course not. I'm a little sad that you don't love dance like you used to but I'm not angry at you for it. You have every right to feel how you feel; you can't control it. If you love theater more than dance, then that's perfectly fine. To be honest, I've kinda wanted to talk to you about it for a while, but I wasn't so sure if this was how you really felt."

    "So, if I quit, then it's okay?"

    "Yeah," Normani smiled, "Go join the theater company and do the shows that you've been wanting to do for years. I'm one hundred percent behind you and I'm sure coach and the team will be too."

    I instantly got up and walked around over to my best friend giving her a tight hug. "I'm so blessed to have a friend like you, Manibear. Thank you so much for understanding. This means so much to me; I've been wanting this for a very long time. I hope I'm not letting you down."

    "You are definitely not letting me down. I'll be fine. I mean I'm definitely going to need to search for another co-captain, but I'm sure I'll find one," she grinned.

    "I think I can help with that," I smirked causing Normani to raise her eyebrow in confusion.

    Normani and I walked back into the cafeteria happy we both talked about my decision to leave the dance team but even happier that we were about to tell Dinah she'd be the new co-captain.

    "Dinah!" Normani and I both squealed as we ran over to the Polynesian and crushed her with a big hug. We actually tackled her to the floor from her sitting on the lunch table bench.

    "Ahhh!" she yelped and laughed falling onto the floor with us. "What the hell you two want!?"

    We quickly got up and helped her stand before telling her the exciting news.

    "Well, it gives me great pleasure to announce to you, Miss Dinah Jane, that you are the new co-captain of the South Miami High girls dance team!" I nearly screamed crushing her in another hug.

    "Wait what?!" Dinah gasped in non belief.

    "Lauren's leaving the team so she can join the theater company and that means we need a new co-captain. She told me you'd be the perfect fit for the job and I for sure agree with her," Normani explained smiling at the blonde.

    "Wow, really? I can't believe it!" Dinah said in excitement covering her mouth.

    "I heard that you've been wanting it this position, Dinah, and there's no doubt that you deserve it way more than me," I explained.

    "Did Mila snitch on me? Oh my gosh, Lauren, I don't want you to think that I want you to quit so I can take your spot as co-captain. I just thought that maybe I could fill your role if you ever did quit."

    "Don't worry about it, it's all fine. I couldn't agree more that you should be co-captain. I want you to be, Dinah, you're amazing, and you should thank Camila for informing me or else I wouldn't have known how you felt. This helped my decision a lot and I'm really glad I made it knowing you're the one that's going to lead the team to victory. Along side Mani of course," I grinned at both of them.

    "Thank you, Lo, you're the best," Dinah smiled pulling me in for yet another hug. "You too, Man Manz," she said pulling in Normani as well. "So, this means you're gonna be an official theater kid, huh Lo?"

    "Looks like it. I'm gonna tell the team and coach before rehearsal starts. Hopefully they'll take it well."

    "I'm sure they will. Coach too, she's easy," Normani assured while Dinah nodded.

    "I am so proud of you," Camila beamed once I sat down next to her at the lunch table.

    "It's all thanks to you for giving me that push," I grinned giving her a soft kiss.

    "Ew," Dinah groaned throwing a small goldfish cracker at us.

    "Hey, you can't say 'ew' when you're always making out with Theo whenever we all go to hang out," I reasoned.

    "Yeah, Dinah, you show a lot of PDA with your man," Normani agreed.

    Theo is Dinah's boyfriend from another school who's a tall, strong, attractive athlete. They've been dating for a year and still seem to be in the honeymoon phase. Whenever the whole crew would go to the movies or to the mall, Dinah would always have Theo join us. Not that we didn't mind, he's a really good guy and so sweet to Dinah.

    "Aw, I think it's cute that you two are finally official!" Ally gushed. "And now that Lauren will be joining the company, you two will be inseparable."

    Camila and I giggled at our friends. "Yep, you'll be stuck with me a lot more now," I said putting my arm around the brunette.

    "I ain't complaining," she said sweetly.