Chapter 13. Another Chimera

Start from the beginning

He didn't receive a response from her, which wasn't all that surprising if I'm being honest. The poor girl is probably scared out of her mind and she doesn't know what to do. I don't blame her for locking herself in the bathroom, hell knows that I've wanted to do it on more than one occasion. 

"I can hear her heart beating. She's really freaked out, what happened?" Scott asked Liam. 

Liam shrugged, "She was okay when we got here. I went to text you for two seconds and she locked herself in."

"Why?" Stiles asked him.

He shrugged, "I don't know."

"And you're sure she's definitely a chimera?" I inquired.

Liam glanced at me, "She said she heard a voice saying, your condition improves."

"Okay, that's unsettling." Stiles commented. 

I swallowed thickly, that had definetly been the Dread Doctors speaking to her. I remember them saying that Tracy's condition was terminal. It's obviously their lingo, but at least they said that her condition is improving that means that she's not dying. Scott had said that when they went to the club to stop Lucas, the Dread Doctors showed up and killed him because his condition was also terminal. 

Stiles approached the bathroom door, "Hayden, this is Stiles. Your sister works with my dad down at the station. Look, just open the door okay? You can trust us." 

I sighed as I stood from the bed, "Let me try." 

Liam and Scott stepped out of my way and allowed me to stand in front of the bathroom door. I took a deep breath and gently knocked on the door, "Hayden? Hi, this is Kasey. I know that you're really freaked out right now and you feel like distancing yourself from us is gonna make this seem like less of a nightmare, but we just want to tell you the truth and explain everything to you. You don't have to talk, all you have to do is listen. Now, either you can unlock the door or Scott is gonna break it down." 

Scott glanced at me with wide eyes but he nodded along to my statement. I took a step back and allowed him to stand in front of the door. He readied himself to ram into it but as soon as he prepared to knock it down, the lock clicked. Hayden had unlocked the door. 

The door slowly creaked open and Scott gently pushed on it. Hayden was standing in front of the mirror and her eyes were glowing yellow and she had claws exposed. My eyes widened as she looked at all of us, "I believe you." 

⬘ ⬘ ⬘

"We're back to Telluric Currents?" Stiles asked as Scott folded out a map on the table in the library. It was a map of where all the Telluric Currents ran through the town of Beacon Hills. I haven't thought about these things in such a long time, I almost forget what they are. 

Scott nodded, "If the Dread Doctors didn't like coming into Eichen House because of them, maybe we can use them to protect Hayden."

"Okay, so, besides Eichen, where's the strongest convergence?" Stiles inquired. 

Scott and I still weren't exactly speaking, but he was coexisting with me now which was a hell of an improvement. I was surprised that he actually allowed me to tag along with this little protection mission with Hayden. Granted, he more than likely would need my help so it would have been stupid for him to not let me be involved, but he's been acting pretty stupid lately so I wasn't putting it past him at this point. 

My brother pointed to a spot on the map, "We're standing on it." 

"You want to hide her in the high school? For how long?" My boyfriend sighed, obviously not liking this plan.