Chapter 13. Another Chimera

Börja om från början

I sighed but jogged ahead of them and quickly slipped into the stairwell. The slam of the door echoed and I looked over the railing, checking for any heads bobbing as someone climbed the stairs. I was met with dead silence and I nodded to myself before opening the door for them, "It's empty for now."

"We can put him in my truck," Theo said as they maneuvered through the doorway. 

My eyes widened, "We are actually going to try and get through this hospital without anybody seeing us?" 

Theo glanced at me and smiled, "Absolutely."

⬘ ⬘ ⬘

We were now in Hayden's bedroom. Apparently, the girl that Tracy had sort-of attacked that day in Kira's dad's class was a chimera. Her name is Hayden and Liam and her have a bad history. Well, according to him anyway. He said that apparently he punched her in the face in sixth grade and it ruined her yearbook photo so she's hated him since. 

I'm not exactly sure how he found out she was a chimera, but she was being pursued by the Dread Doctors and Liam saved her and brought her to her house and now she has locked herself in the bathroom. I'm currently sitting on her bed, thinking about what had just happened at the animal clinic twenty minutes prior.

"Do you know him?" 

We were now in the animal clinic, with the dead chimera. Theo, Stiles and myself had managed to successfully transfer the body from the hospital to the clinic without behind detected. It took a lot of sneaking around and a lot of heavy lifting for the two of them but we did it. We then called Scott, because we were going to use this body as bait to try and figure out who is stealing the dead chimera bodies. 

Stiles and Theo had came up with a story to feed Scott. We were going with the story that the Dread Doctors killed him. I didn't want to partake in the lie at all because Scott already hates me and I didn't want to add to it but I didn't have a choice. Once again, we are lying to Scot about something that is detrimental to our relationship. Not to mention, now Theo has the Donovan thing over Stiles' head and I'm sure he's waiting for the perfect moment to use it. 

"His name's Josh. He was a junior." Scott said as he glanced at the dead body. 

Stiles pulled the sheet back up over the body and glanced at my brother. Scott stepped away from the examination table and sighed, "Which one did it? The one with the cane?" 

My boyfriend and I both glanced at Theo, who nodded his head, "Yeah." 

"What are we going to do with him? We can't just set the alarm and leave, that's how Tracy disappeared." Stiles asked Scott.

I swallowed thickly, "Somebody is gonna have to stay here with him." 

"I'll do it," Theo sighed, "It's not like I had a big Saturday night planned." 

Scott's cell phone vibrated in his pocket and he quickly fished it out. His expression morphed to one of surprise and Stiles groaned, "What is it?" 

"Another one... another chimera." 

Once Scott had received the text, we got to Hayden's house as fast as we could. Which wasn't all that fast because Stiles' jeep is pretty much falling apart and he's refusing to actually take it to a mechanic to fix it. 

Hayden has been in the bathroom for at least twenty minutes now. Scott gently knocked on the door, "Hayden? It's Scott. I know that you're scared, but we just... we want to help."