I related to Daniel what Uncle Harris had said to me.

"I can't believe Uncle Harris said this to you. Come, Tiara," said Daniel through gritted teeth, as he held my hand and strode back into the house, holding the blank cheque in his other hand.

"Where's Uncle Harris?" demanded Daniel as Isma walked out of the kitchen.

"He just went back next door with Narissa. Why, Daniel?" asked Isma.

"I've got something to say to him," snapped Daniel before heading next door, holding my hand so I had to follow him.

"Daniel? You've come over?" Uncle Harris started to speak as we walked into his house. But Uncle Harris fell silent as Daniel, still holding my hand, though I was standing behind him, steered me forward so I would be standing by his side.

"I've got something to say to you and your daughter, Narissa. Where is she?" barked Daniel.

"Let me call her," said Uncle Harris, as he turned towards the staircase to go upstairs.

"No need for that! Even if she's upstairs, I'm sure she can hear me! Narissa!" Daniel called out.

"Daniel? You came over?" asked Narissa in surprise, from the head of the staircase.

"Yes, I've come to tell you and your father something important! Come downstairs!" ordered Daniel.

Narissa sprinted down the stairs; her face flustered.

"Uncle Harris, let me tell you something! I may have agreed to marry your daughter in six weeks, but now, I have decided that I will only have my wedding after I've found Tiara's husband, Darien Caruso! And until then, Tiara will stay in my house! You have no right to tell her to leave! She will stay in my house, that's it! And if it takes longer than six weeks for me to find her husband, then I don't care; I will postpone the wedding again until after I've found her husband, get it?

You may be my Dad's friend, but you have betrayed me! Instead of supporting me and helping me to find Darien, you're trying to get rid of Tiara from here by giving her a blank cheque! Thank you very much, Uncle Harris, but here, you can keep this cheque! She doesn't need it. I will look after her until I find Darien. And surely, Darien will be able to look after his own wife after that!" Daniel turned to Narissa, before continuing, "Did you hear me, Narissa? We won't get married until after I have found Darien, get it?"

"Yes." Narissa answered fretfully.

Still holding my hand, Daniel walked out of the house with me behind him.

After a moment of silence as we were standing outside his house, I said, "You shouldn't have spoken like that to Uncle Harris. All he wants is to see his daughter married happily as soon as possible, Daniel."

"He deserved that," muttered Daniel, still fuming with anger.

"But Daniel," I started off, but Daniel interrupted me, "No, Tiara! You don't have to tell me what to do! I know what I'm doing, okay?"

I just remained silent, giving in to his words, as usual.

***

While Mila was sleeping that evening, Daniel brought me to the terrace of his house as his parents were out.

"My parents never let me or my sisters come upstairs to the terrace since we were kids. I forgot about that after my accident, and I came upstairs one night. I was stunned by the view here. It's just so beautiful when the stars are all out, twinkling in the sky; if only you could see it. But I got scolded for coming up here since the walls surrounding this terrace are too low, so we could fall off by accident. But I still love coming up here when my parents are out; it's so calming with the breeze and all," Daniel trailed off.