Wedding

Traditional Indian weddings are generally structured into pre-wedding ceremonies, wedding day ceremonies (consisting of the Baraat, the Varmala and the Sath phere), and the Vidaai.

Baraat: its when the groom's relatives come to the brides to ask for her hand. When the mother of bride accepts it they take them to the mandap (platform) where the exchange varmala that is of flowers is done.

Once it is exchanged they sit down with priest as he recites all the talks the groom has to take saat pheras i.e seven rounds in front of bornfire like thing and every pheras has its own meaning.
Than the groom has to apply vermilion on the brides forehead and clasp mangalsutra i.e the symbol of being married in India. Its is of black beads. Holy line of thread. And than comes vidai or bidai whatever you like to pronounce it. Its like bride's family saying bye to the bride and giving her blessing.

(A/N I would put the meaning of vidai later when it comes.)

Chap 8: wedding

Ekam's POV

Ah. The wedding finally. After a lot of apologizing and smiling we dispersed only after I told vedika to clear up the mess by making, my angel look like an angel. Trust me kaya and Vedika work wonders and when I say wonders, I mean it. I am not kidding.

It's 9:30 am, more two and a half hours to go. This thought itself makes my legs go jelly and knees weak but I don't care right now I'm on cloud nine and as I walk around my room I hit myself really bad and that made my fingers numb.

"Kisi ne sach hi kaha hai.. Pyar insaan ko andha bana deta h... " Cabir and Aarush barked and laughed.
(Love makes a person blind)

"Oh really! At least meri shaadi usse toh ho rahi hai jisse mujhe pyar hai waise tum dono ka kya hoga?" I know I've hit a damn nerve. The look of horror on them made me laugh.
(At least I'm marrying the one I love! What about you guys?)

"humara kya hoga se matlabh?" Aarush spoke. Trust me the look on their face is hilarious to the core and It took all in my strength to not to laugh all over them! gosh! (What do you mean?)

"Matlabh yeh ki.... Tum kaya ko kab bataoge" and than I turned to Cabir "aur tum Krishika ko" I smirked and my aim was perfect! (Means... When will you say your feelings to kaya (Aarush) and you to Krishika (Cabir)

"Bullshit! Kya kuch bhi?" They look startled.
(Bullshit? What do you mean?)

"Oh really!? What am I? Blind? I raise my eyebrow teasing them in mischief.

"Bhai you're taking it wrong!? Aisa kuch bhi nai hai.! Hai na Aarush bhai?"
(It's nothing like that right Aarush bhai?)

"Right bro. Keep telling that to your face after your blush settles down!" And than we all start laughing like maniacs.

"Okay so now let's get you ready." Cabir spoke after calming down.

When I saw my sherwani I was stunned no scratch it I was astonished. All my wedding function, Sherwani's are my mom and my grandmother's choice. They only took me for fitting. Me being myself I didn't ask for any glance of the dresses. That's funny I know.

Don't double up with laughter yet, the funniest part was when I tripped into the stupid gown section. Don't ask how!

I was planning to sneak out on tonight. That's a surprise and am planning out on things. And one thing led to another. By this time I was fully dressed.
My dress was of golden cream with maroon and green borders with minute golden detailings with red bottom.

Red is counted as an auspicious colour at least that's what my elders say.

10am and bang

10am and bang.....

We had to leave with baraat by around 10:15 am so now everything is done just I have to set my hair and I am done. When my mom came she playfully teased me for a while and than we left. I rode up on horse while everybody danced. We took a round a big one so that every body could dance and enjoy. It was ecstatic to see. Everybody was happy. Everyone rejoiced. When my sub conscious brain decided to speak!

Think how cute she might be looking.

Yeah right brain! Shut up<

Why? You don't like her?

No I like her but not that way!<

Are you sure you don't like her? Like as in like her?

Gawwwddd brain! Shut the hell up<

Okay!

Get lost!<

Where?

I don't know<

I can't!

Why?<

Because I'm your part.

Than shut the eff up<

"Bhai bhaiii!!!!??? Uttaro naa?" (Get down?) Vaibhavi called

"Lagta hai devarji ko shaadi nahi karni! Haina devarji!" (I think my brother-in-law doesn't want to get married. Right????)

"What? Why ?" I ask in a startled tone at Pragati bhabhi.

And they all started laughing. Goddd what's wrong...
I jumped down the horse. And than I was dragged to dance. It was nearly past 11:30 am when we neared farmhouse back.

When we stopped there Ma did all her pooja and pulled my nose.... And called for me to come inside.

"Stoooooopppppp" a loud voice screeched and banggg everythings at halt....

________________________

Hey so guys? Cliffhanger.

I'm bad but hey you'll still love me. Comment what you think.

Comment
Vote
Share
And suggest.

I love you all

♥♥♥♥♥