That's because you think I don't know about how much of a jackass you are to girls. "You already said that." I snapped back. "And if you really thought I was cool, why didn't you ask for my number?" That time I was genuinely curious. He came on to me, made passes at me, and yet he didn't even ask for my number. Am I like a behind the scenes girl for him?

"Doesn't matter now, I lost my phone at the party last night."

"Maybe if you stopped partying for on-" Niall's bark of laughter interrupted me. He laughed so hard, he started crying. And he rolled off the bed, clutching his stomach.

I stared at him as he didn't even bother to compose himself. Still laughing, he used Gaby's bed to push himself up and shuffled to the my door.

Opening it, he let out a deep breath along with a few chuckles.

He started to walk out before he turned his body slightly to glance at me. And my heart dropped. I don't know why, but it did. Niall was smirking and his eyes sparkling. But it wasn't the type of sparkle I was used to seeing. The excitement happy sparkle. It was a sinister sparkle, something you'd see in the eyes of a bully or an assaulter, and he opened his mouth ran his tongue along his teeth and snickered once more.

"Why would I want to stop having fun to talk to you? I could be doing something even better with Cassie." He let out another round of laughter before he shut my door.

And I just stood there. Listening to his laughter fade as he went down the stairs and out of the house.

I had to sit on the bed to support myself. Why the hell was I feeling this way? And more importantly, why the hell did I think he liked me? I thought I saw all the signs there. He...

No. Chloe, stop. You can't be feeling anything. No. He's just some bipolar guy. You'll meet thousands more.

At least he'd leave me alone.

But like how stupid was I? Why would he want me, a girl who wouldn't give out, when he had a girl like Cassandra? Geez. I'm such a downer.

I shook my head rapidly, trying to shake all the negative feelings off. Once I was satisfied, I smoothed my hair down and headed downstairs, ignoring the food waiting. On my way down, I stopped by Dora's room which was empty and locked it from the inside.

Then I sat on the couch, staring at the floor for a while. Looks like ignoring Niall was gonna be a lot easier now.

Dora ran in through the front door and up the stairs with Jodie chasing after her a few moments later.

"DORA, WE HAVE TO TALK ABOUT YOUR BAD HABITS OF LEAVING THINGS HALF WAY EATEN, MAKING A MESS, AND LEAVING WHEN YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO."

"WHO LOCKED MY DOOR?!"

Mess with me again, Dora. Mess. With. Me.

*****

Over a month had passed since that day, and it was October. And things were surprisingly a lot easier. All my classes were awesome, including psychology and MEP (Music Editing PLAYAAAA as Joey dubbed it).

Psychology was proving to be quite easy, and Professor Torrez has been asking me to stay after class and help him assist other students, which made sure I wouldn't have any run ins with Niall. And I've made quite a few friends. I wouldn't call myself Polly Popular, but I always got at least one 'Hi' whenever I went out.

And Niall? Well, he definitely wasn't interested in me. Cassandra was always by his side. And when she wasn't, other naive girls were. I could hear their stupid giggling whenever he brought them home drunk in the middle of the night. It was quite amusing. Seeing them stumble around in their skimpy little dresses across the street. A new one almost every night. Good thing that weird feeling I used to get went away. Now, I could care less.