"How long have I been asleep?" I asked, seeing through the window that it was the middle of the night.

  "I think you should rest for now." It said, turning out, "All questions will be answered later."

  Yeah, right. I thought to myself. I'm done with sitting around and waiting.

  I looked around for my comlink. Luckily it was left on my nightstand, next to all of my medical equipment.

  I turned it on, I didn't know who to call first exactly: Anakin, Master Windu, Obi-Wan, Master Yoda, R2 even? I just hoped someone would notice it's on.

  I laid there for a little bit. Closing my eyes, but I felt restless. I looked at my bicep, trying to calculate the amount of time I had lost by the healing of my scratches.

  By now, all of them seem to be virtually gone. I'm glad I wasn't awake or remember my wounds being cleaned out of sand.  I look at my leg, there is a scar where the Dooku's lightsaber hit me. Which leads me to touch my face, a long scar ran across the left side of my jaw all the way up to my cheek bone. I could feel it. It's ugliness marking me as a reminder of that awful day.

  Because nobody was calling I decided to finally take the initiative. My first instinct was to call Anakin, even though I should call Master Windu.

  But I couldn't help it. I sent a call to Anakin. But he didn't answer. I sighed, in disappointment and relief. The right choice now had no other temptation as I called Master Windu.

"Y/N! This is a surprise." Master Windu answered. He was in his night clothes.

"I apologize if I woke you up. I just-" I started but he stopped me.

"I will be right there, just wait." He said, ending the transmission.

Less than 5 minutes later Master Windu came into my bedroom.

"I'm sorry no one was here when you woke." He says, taking a seat in a chair sat next to my bed. "It was a good thing to keep your comlink on the table in case something like this happened. We had no idea how long you would be gone."

"How long have I been asleep? I kept asking that droid but it wouldn't tell me." I urge,

"You've been in a coma for about 3 months." He says. I felt like I had just gotten a blow to the chest.

"That long?" I asked, in genuine shock of the number. I expected maybe a couple of days, certainly it couldn't have been months.

"I'm afraid so." He says, "After your face off with Dooku, he cut your leg very deep. Along with other wounds you had tallied up. Nice job on that, by the way. And Skywalker told us about how Dooku was getting into your head emotionally as well. The droids said with all of that as a combination your body went into a restoration mode. Like a survival mode." He explained. I nodded, I understood, but so long.. So much has changed surely.

"How much did I miss?" I ask.

"Too much, my young Padawan." He sighs, I looked at him at that remark. "You heard me correctly." Master Windu smiled. I didn't know how to react. I was so excited to have my Master back, especially as powerful as Mace Windu is, but going back scared me.

"I understand your uncertainty. I promise this time that I will not be swayed into letting you go. I never wanted you to think I was giving up on you. And the way you held your own against Count Dooku shows how much you've grown even without the Jedi training. You're truly ready." He said, and reached to hold my hand. I looked at the man, the man who's always been my father figure, "I would like to ask you to accept becoming my apprentice once more?" He asks.

"Of course! Master Windu this is excellent news to further my training!" I smiled, and leaned over to hug him. Finally I would finish my training. I can move on. I can wear that horrible braid.

"That's good news, I've already had your hair braided." He tugs on the strand of hair behind my ear that was suddenly braided. I had no idea it was there.

"Master Windu I didn't know you could braid hair." I teased my Master.

"I didn't, trust me. General Skywalker did it when he was visiting. I asked him to." He said, that sentence alarmed me. But not because Anakin could braid hair.

"General?" I asked almost immediatley. Why would Anakin Skywalker, a Jedi Padawan, be a General?

"The galaxy is not as safe as we once thought. The war has made some desperate times in the Republic. Our best Jedi Knights and Jedi Masters have been made generals to help protect the galaxy alongside the clone army." He explained. "War has made hard times in our galaxy, for everyone. We've lost almost half of our trained Jedi population - part of the reason why I am your Master instead of a Jedi Knight." I only half understood the seriousness, I couldn't believe Anakin was a Jedi Knight, one of the best! Only three months ago he was a little angsty teen. I was so proud of him to have passed the trials.

"Where is General Skywalker now?" I asked.

"They're on a mission to help the Twi'ilek people with extra resources." He says, "It's a shame he isn't here to see you wake. Whenever he's at the temple this is where he is. A nice bond you two have. Be careful." He says.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I ask for clarification.

"You know the Jedi Code, (Y/N). Attachments, even to other Jedi are forbidden." He says, "I'm not saying your friendship with Skywalker is forbidden, but be mindful of the bigger picture at hand. Feelings of connection are normal, but you must be able to control them. Especially in this time of war."

I nod my head. I know he's right. But I cannot help the overwhelming feeling I get around Anakin. How much I want him to hold me right now.

"How is the Senator of Naboo?" I asked, changing the subject of feelings.

"Alive and well. She is safe and serving well in the senate." He said.

"Thank goodness." I said, laying down with a sigh of relief. I suddenly felt the heaviness of my eyelids.

How could I be tired? I just slept for over 3 months?

"You've done well. I hope this gives your troubled mind some ease. Once you are able to move comfortably, we will begin training." He says, patting my head.

"Fun missions?" I ask, trying to keep a playful mood.

"Depends on your definition of 'fun', Padawan." He said, leaving the room.

Leaving me alone and back to my comfortable sleep.